• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga new title tax law hurts so good...

It is almost criminal. Helped my daughter buy a car a few years ago. Once it was paid off I was going to transfer to her - they wanted the damn VAT tax again!!!

I'm sure glad the Republicans run this state.....

Dems would be no better, but this is a perfect example to all those that are brainwashed to thing the other side is the enemy. It's ALL the Politicians.

Question... If you buy a car here and want to title in another state. Do GA dealers collect the tax here or do they let you pay when you get to the other state? They used to not collect the tax here. Which I always thought was stupid.

Question... If you buy a car here and want to title in another state. Do GA dealers collect the tax here or do they let you pay when you get to the other state? They used to not collect the tax here. Which I always thought was stupid.

I think you can pay your own tax and title fee at the tag office. Had that discussion last year when my daughter bought a new car but she ended up rolling it into the deal. Which I think is nuts because now she is paying interest on the tax...

The ONLY good thing about it was my tag renewal letter this year. I had to pay nothing because it was paid up front when I bought my truck. My wife's being purchased earlier (before it went into affect) still has to pay.

Stated value(s/ed) my 2007 H3 at less than market value for whatever reason, but still cost me ~$1000 to get the paperwork done.

But under the old system I think it would have been $350ish a year, and I don't plan on getting rid of it, so within 3-4 years I'll be better off. But it's still a BS policy decision but it was all done by elected officials, most of them with nice shiny R's next to their name ...

anyone else sick of this shakedown? i recently purchased a little civic
not running for about what i had to pay to have the title transferred
in my name. jawgee values it above what it sells for on the open
market and way above NADA and KBB.

my question to you is : have you appealed your auto tax? and if so,
was it worth it to you?

thanks.
I had the opposite experience. The value of the car according to the tax commissioner was far less than what I paid and what kbb said it was worth...

Agreed, but it was also put in place to stop private party sales.... Private party sales had zero tax and the state hates not having their hand in our pocket. It really is horse **** and only benefits a few....
Tax was already paid when the original owner paid it. ****Ing scammers always want to tax an item multiple times for not even being involved in the sale in any way.

Back
Top Bottom