• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting older and wearing down

I would never give anybody grief for hunting the way that they choose. If a crossbow gets you in the woods, then have at it! Its a heckuva lot better than sitting on the couch! One day, all of us will have to face the reality that we aren't Spring chickens. When that day comes, I will be using a crossbow myself.
I have had trouble with my right shoulder in the past and had to shoot a crossbow for a couple of seasons. I actually enjoyed using something different for a change!

Well I used to be a compound bow hunter earlier in my life. But years on the job have worn into my ability to draw and shoot efficiently. I gave my compound to a youth hunter and bought a crossbow. Hunted a little with it the first couple years. But got after it last year and was successful with 2 does taken with it. Couple of months ago I upgraded to a nice (although used) Wicked Ridge Ten Point. I’m anxious about getting it out and dialing it in. And not embarrassed by the fact that I am using a crossbow. It allows me to continue something I love that was not able to carry on with my compound
Hear ya man. Only 40 and went to scratch my neck the other day. Shoulder hasn't been right since.

Back
Top Bottom