• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting ready for them turkeys!

My buddy and I have a game plan for this season.
It includes decoys and watching each others backs since they love to sneak up behind you......this time my buddy will cover that ground.

Last year I had a hen that kept responding to my calls.
It almost sat on my lap it was that close.
Wonder if it was getting territorial.

My buddy and I have a game plan for this season.
It includes decoys and watching each others backs since they love to sneak up behind you......this time my buddy will cover that ground.

Last year I had a hen that kept responding to my calls.
It almost sat on my lap it was that close.
Wonder if it was getting territorial.
in today's time it might have identified as a Tom

Well I patterned my shotgun today. Tried 3 different shells.remington nitro Turkey, hevishot triple beard, and the Winchester long beard. The remingtons didn't hold a pattern worth a flip, the triple beards were ok but still a large pattern, the long beards were great. I'm not sure if it's me or my gun but I was shooting a little low with all the shells. All these were at 40 yards with the Winchester shells. The one on the left is when I realized it was hitting low. Gotta get out and shoot some more on the next decent day.View attachment 1999306
Where were you aiming specifically? A set of adjustable iron sights will remedy that issue.

That’s what I was talking about over calling,they sure sound good.they claim if he responds to you that he knows exactly where you are.sometimes you can get in situations where you answer him if that happens you have a good chance of stepping on his head.
And that folks, is no exaggeration!
E49DB1E1-7D86-43FC-A1E0-F53D5EAA165C.jpeg

Where were you aiming specifically? A set of adjustable iron sights will remedy that issue.
the first shot was center of the neck the next two shots were top of the head. I honestly am thinking it was me. I'm not gonna like I dont have much experience shooting shotguns, I think it was me and the way I was looking down at the bead but I did pick up a set of adjustable sights at academy on Sunday.

the first shot was center of the neck the next two shots were top of the head. I honestly am thinking it was me. I'm not gonna like I dont have much experience shooting shotguns, I think it was me and the way I was looking down at the bead but I did pick up a set of adjustable sights at academy on Sunday.
With the tight turkey chokes you have to shoot it like a rifle.make sure you shoot it at 15 and 30 yards.i have missed a bird close because mine shoots so tight.

Back
Top Bottom