• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting started reloading

I'm sure you'll find a good assortment of suggestions and guidance. We've discussed this many times here, so be sure to search the reloading category of the site.

A tip: Keep your reloading press well oiled. A non-climate controlled space will invite rust very quickly. And store your powder and primers in your climate controlled space. Not out at the shed.

Ok I know I think I’ve asked this before but I can’t find the thread so I’m cleaning out my 12x24 shed and making a work area and want to set up a very basic reloading station.
I don’t need anything crazy. I know I want to use a single stage press and just want to reload my main rifle and 44mag ammo. There is a ton of info online but I just want what I need and I have no idea what that is other then the obvious stuff.
I have my own brass that I keep from when we shoot.
What’s the basics I can get away with for reloading? Is there a big difference in brands of presses?
Good luck finding components with state of the of the country. Primers and bullets are hard to come by.

I disagree with most here. The true question isn’t whether ur new. The true question is how often will u be shooting what u load and are u looking to stock up? If so...just go right into the deep end with a 650 Dillon or hornady LNL

I would be looking to load .40, 9mm and .223...that's probably about it...with really handgun ammo being what I would want to load the most

i started directly on a progressive LNL loading 38 spcl. It's quite enjoyable. When i switched over to 9mm...it wasnt enjoyable anymore. The resizing of the 38 spcl was very smooth and easy. The resizing the 9mm in a short stroke was a pita. I didnt enjoy it. But once i got used to it...it didnt bother me as much.

I dont think you will go wrong with a dillon 650 or a LNL provided u got the case feeder

Like you said, this has been hashed out before and based on different folks experience, you are going to get different answers.

PM me your email and I will send you a pdf copy of the ABC's of Reloading. It is an older edition but should answer all your questions as to what you are going to need based on your shooting habits. If the book isn't clear enough for you, you can get back on the forum to ask for clarification.

Like you said, this has been hashed out before and based on different folks experience, you are going to get different answers.

PM me your email and I will send you a pdf copy of the ABC's of Reloading. It is an older edition but should answer all your questions as to what you are going to need based on your shooting habits. If the book isn't clear enough for you, you can get back on the forum to ask for clarification.

I just got the newer version on my Kindle, going to start reading it this week

Back
Top Bottom