• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting started reloading

I just got the newer version on my Kindle, going to start reading it this week
One of these is good just in case your battery dies. I still single stage for 44 and have no plans for a conversion kit.

F55820F7-8954-4101-809D-361EED6C455E.jpeg

The best way is definitely an experienced friend and a few reloading manuals. Your timing is terrible because of the rush on anything firearms related. It will suck you in for sure. I’m happy I learned and am thankful to all the people that helped me. There are many good people out there that will help if you ask. I unfortunately have been to busy to reload, but I plan on jumping back in no doubt!

Can’t go wrong with any of the Dillon presses. You can start with a 550C and load one shell at a time until you are comfortable with switching to progressive loading. You won’t regret it.

Can’t go wrong with any of the Dillon presses. You can start with a 550C and load one shell at a time until you are comfortable with switching to progressive loading. You won’t regret it.

Yeah, I'm in the infant stages of reading/learning about it and watching YouTube videos...I just feel like while in "the long game" I should just spend a few more hundred and get a progressive loader...from a safety and just less moving parts perspective, I feel like a single stage loader is probably best.

It’s a deep black hole and all of your spare change and time will be lost forever once you get involved lmao!

Just when you think you have everything you need something else pops up that you must have!

I went with a Hornady AP and will be snagging the Hornady single stage here soon.

As I read/learn I will continue to collect my empty cases, try and find components and some of the accessories I will need with the press...and once I actually have all the stuff I need I will buy the press...at least that is the plan. The more I read the more I see you need a lot of stuff to get this done safely and correctly.

at this time you are to late to the party for reloading. no primers, powder, bullets, brass to be found. dies are hard to find too. the best you can do at this time is to find someone that will show you how to reload. then save up your money and look for primers, powder, bullets, and brass. but don't be a "fool" and pay the high prices that these butt heads are charging on this site and other sites for primers, powder, bullets, and brass. good luck, but this is not the time to start, the price will be high.

Back
Top Bottom