• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 or 26 for concealability in a crossbreed supertuck holster?

91s13

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I know most people will think this is a crazy question considering the g26 is smaller and as far as concealment goes smaller is better. What I'm wondering is the g26 being just a little bit smaller than the g19 that much better for concealment when using an in the waistband holster such as the crossbreed supertuck holster? I'm a guy with kind of a small frame and I would really like to get some people's input on this. Do you guys have any experience with either of these guns in a crossbreed supertuck holster? Thanks

I know most people will think this is a crazy question considering the g26 is smaller and as far as concealment goes smaller is better. What I'm wondering is the g26 being just a little bit smaller than the g19 that much better for concealment when using an in the waistband holster such as the crossbreed supertuck holster? I'm a guy with kind of a small frame and I would really like to get some people's input on this. Do you guys have any experience with either of these guns in a crossbreed supertuck holster? Thanks

I don't know if you own both guns, or you're looking to buy one of the guns to conceal with an IWB holster. But what I can do for you is post a couple of pictures with both guns in a Crossbreed Supertuck made for the G26. The only difference you will have to deal with is the length of the 19's grip. The muzzle of the 19 sticks out just a tad more than the G26, but has no bearing on comfort or concealment. They're both fairly comfy, but the G26 wins hands down for me, but only when sitting down. I have to deal with love handles so the G19's grip digs in a little more than the 26. But you said your frame is small so it probably won't matter. When the holster is in the 4 O'Clock position strong-side, the 26 is more comfortable when sitting, but they're equally comfortable when standing.

I have no idea how a 26 would fit into a crossbreed made for a G19, but the 19 fits nicely into one made for the Subcompact 26/27 etc... Here's some comparison pics for you.

i54.tinypic.com_2zs8va8.jpg

i52.tinypic.com_2ytoavb.jpg

i56.tinypic.com_2i7vkb7.jpg

i51.tinypic.com_2r5eulh.jpg

With a good holster/belt combination, most places that you can carry the 26/27 you can carry the 19/23 just as easily while having a much more capable "fighting" platform.

i have had a 19 and currently have a 26 and 17 and carry(ied) all in a supertuck. for me the difference was very small in concealability. in fact, between the glock models, i can carry a 17 about as easily as a 26 and still hide it under a loose t-shirt. i think the advantage in the grip size outweighs the 1/2" length difference between a 19 and 26. my 26 is pretty much a back up gun now.........

Glock 19. The vast majority of people will add an extension to the 26 making it the height of a G19, but with a loss of 3 rounds. The 19 is also easier a little easier to control, has a better sight radius and quite simply is the best carry gun ever made.

Back
Top Bottom