• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19X -Glock fanboyz should watch this, break out the teddy bears

The 19X was designed to meet the specifications of the MHS contract, which is why they ended up with the short slide/long grip combination; the contract specified a certain barrel length and minimum magazine capacity.

As with most contracts like that, the manufacturer will produce the same pistol for civilian use, in this case all they changed was the thumb safety, which they left off. Again, the thumb safety was per the requirements of the MHS contract.

The Glock 19X was NOT designed with civilian CCW use in mind. It's sole purpose was to meet the parameters set forth in the MHS contract, which they did.

It was not intended to replace or improve upon the G19, it was designed to meet the MHS contract requirements.

Did I mention that the only reason the 19X was designed was to compete for an MHS contract?

What's up with the lanyard hole? What possible purpose does/would it serve?

The lanyard was part of the........wait for it.........MHS contract requirements. The 19X was intended for the US Army and the military likes lanyards. The M1911 and M19911A1 had a lanyard ring, as did the M9 Beretta. Just like on those handguns, the lanyard attachment is removable on the 19X, and much easier to remove than from any of the aforementioned service pistols.

When I carried the M9 as a secondary weapon in the Corps, I always used a lanyard. When I carried it as a primary weapon, I did not.

The lanyard was part of the........wait for it.........MHS contract requirements. The 19X was intended for the US Army and the military likes lanyards. The M1911 and M19911A1 had a lanyard ring, as did the M9 Beretta. Just like on those handguns, the lanyard attachment is removable on the 19X, and much easier to remove the aforementioned service pistol.

When I carried the M9 as a secondary weapon in the Corps, I always used a lanyard. When I carried it as a primary weapon, I did not.

You really need to quit making factual statements and correcting ignorance. It is not appreciated by many here. Let's not forget to introduce the essentials for any thread: 40 sucks, you should hate the police, and my gun is better than yours because.....

You really need to quit making factual statements and correcting ignorance. It is not appreciated by many here. Let's not forget to introduce the essentials for any thread: 40 sucks, you should hate the police, and my gun is better than yours because.....

Hah!

It's so you can be like Tuco

Eliwallach.jpg

The lanyard was part of the........wait for it.........MHS contract requirements. The 19X was intended for the US Army and the military likes lanyards. The M1911 and M19911A1 had a lanyard ring, as did the M9 Beretta. Just like on those handguns, the lanyard attachment is removable on the 19X, and much easier to remove than from any of the aforementioned service pistols.

What is MHS?

Back
Top Bottom