• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19X -Glock fanboyz should watch this, break out the teddy bears

You really need to quit making factual statements and correcting ignorance. It is not appreciated by many here. Let's not forget to introduce the essentials for any thread: 40 sucks, you should hate the police, and my gun is better than yours because.....

You're right, man. I'm a dumbass. You are clearly the knower of all things, and I bow before your expansive knowledge.

The 19X was designed to meet the specifications of the MHS contract, which is why they ended up with the short slide/long grip combination; the contract specified a certain barrel length and minimum magazine capacity.

As with most contracts like that, the manufacturer will produce the same pistol for civilian use, in this case all they changed was the thumb safety, which they left off. Again, the thumb safety was per the requirements of the MHS contract.

The Glock 19X was NOT designed with civilian CCW use in mind. It's sole purpose was to meet the parameters set forth in the MHS contract, which they did.

It was not intended to replace or improve upon the G19, it was designed to meet the MHS contract requirements.

Did I mention that the only reason the 19X was designed was to compete for an MHS contract?

The 19X is not as designed for the MHS contract- where is the manual safety? So Glock "could have" done whatever they wanted to make this appealing to the CCW market but chose not to do so. I am sure many will buy it because it is the MHS gun that lost- and probably "should have" won, but it is a watered down marketed replica designed to sell pistols. Looks really cool though, except the all brown, maybe they can do a replica of the 19 that Crane orders?

upload_2018-1-14_8-30-49.png

What's up with the lanyard hole? What possible purpose does/would it serve?

During my Deployments my M9 stayed connected to the lanyard, almost had it fly out of my Blackhawk when I broke my RTI holster one day and the lanyard saved the day.

Why a 19 size frame and 17 grip?, Its perfect for combat: 17 rounds for a fight and smaller than a full-size to carry on a chest rig

This whole argument is stupid, some people like tactical style weapons designed for the military. Why would somebody buy a semi SAW, 240 or 1919? because they can

Lanyard use:

oef-x 024.jpg

I don't understand all the hate. A simple grip reduction and dremel hack (with custom stipple) so that this will accept G26 mags and voila!!! The most perfectest CCW pistol anywhere. (Never been done befo').

Scootch likes something. Shocker.

Sorry for being salty, but I'm so over Glock releasing the SOS and people going ga-ga over it.

Agreed. I only shared the review because it was the first one I saw online. Amazing to me that this gun won’t accept Gen five magazines. One of the biggest appeals of Glock to me is that the magazines are interchangeable over so many weapons. I have never seen a company more tone deaf to what a large portion of their customers want. Every other company is innovating - many even making guns that accept Glock magazines...

Agreed. I only shared the review because it was the first one I saw online. Amazing to me that this gun won’t accept Gen five magazines. One of the biggest appeals of Glock to me is that the magazines are interchangeable over so many weapons. I have never seen a company more tone deaf to what a large portion of their customers want. Every other company is innovating - many even making guns that accept Glock magazines...
It will take Gen 5 magazines.....just the baseplate from a G34 Gen 5 bumps the front of the grip

ill Be the first one on ODT to admit I’ve got one special ordered at the LGS I work at. Of course because I’m an employee I got it “at cost” which placed it real close if not less than a retail gen 5 anyways. I was Army for 10 years so I’m not mad at owning a “copy” of the submission from Glock. Anyone who’s bashing it for not having a manual safety, same applies to the Sig 320 not being the “Army Model”. not by a long shot, like the entire internals are different in your store bought Sig 320.

So....it’s not a Gen 6 and was not marketed as such
It wasn’t made for you to CCP it around town in your skinny jeans
It is a copy of the model they submitted for troops in the army
The lanyard you hate is removable
The finger grooves you dremel off are gone
The magazine relief cut on the gen 5 we all complained about is gone
It’s uses 98% of full size glock 9mm mags
And y’all wish it was a CCP Model?
It’s bevelled better on the frame where everyone complained about the 5....

Just don’t buy one?
But don’t try and pretend it’s something that it’s not. They never claimed they were making you a factory chopped Glock with incredible futuristic design changes.
They claimed it was their civilian MHS version
And being a Vet I’m glad they came to the table and submitted their example

Most of you don’t even know Army SOCOM units have been carrying G19s on your tax dollars for years without a big contract
I’m sure they were glad to see the 19x come out and try

It will take Gen 5 magazines.....just the baseplate from a G34 Gen 5 bumps the front of the grip

Skip to the 5:30-ish mark and watch the demonstration. I don't have any Gen 5s but what he is saying makes sense given the cut in the front of the grip and and the resulting Gen 5 base plates. I was excited to get a Gen 5 19 as I did not like the finger grooves on the Gen 4 and then Glock went and put a gay tactical finger cut on the front of the grip that I hate...

Skip to 3 12 he’s sticking all kinds of mags in there.

Not trying to argue (I love Gen 4 17s and 34s and have no need for this gun), but he's using different base plates. It does not look like Gen 5 9mm factory mags with factory base plates aren't going to go in because they have a lip on the front.

Back
Top Bottom