• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19X, what other slide it takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not what I was asking. G19x has G17 frame and G34 has G17 frame. The question what Gen it needs to be for working on G19X?

I answered your question.

The G19X DOES NOT have a G17 frame. It has a G17 GRIP LENGTH, but the forward part of the frame, where the light mount is, and that I show in the pics above, is G19 in all dimensions, INCLUDING length.

The G19X has a bastardized frame that has dimensions of the G17 AND G19 in it.

You can’t mix Gen3/4 uppers and lowers with Gen5. G19X is Gen5.

If you put a G17 slide assembly on a G19X frame, it will work, but you will have the large gap that I show above, with an exposed guide rod/recoil spring.

A G34 slide assembly is even longer than the G17, so it would be even worse. I have both a Gen5 G19 and G34 at home, so if you’d like, I can mock up what that abomination would look it in regards to exposed guide rod/recoil spring.

1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Glock frames are cheap. What you're wanting doesn't even make sense. If you want a Glock 34 or Glock 17 buy a Glock 17 frame.

Otherwise, you'll have that gap like CM shoot went to the trouble of demonstrating for you.

On a side note, if anyone is looking for a Glock 19 long slide Brownells makes an aftermarket 17 length slide that goes on the Glock 19 frame.

Note the aftermarket slide fills that gap that would otherwise be there if you tried just using factory Glock frame.

The 19 long slide I feel like is the Glock everyone really wanted when they made the 19X

IMG_20211123_140228380.jpg
IMG_20211124_145808197.jpg

Glock frames are cheap. What you're wanting doesn't even make sense. If you want a Glock 34 or Glock 17 buy a Glock 17 frame.

Otherwise, you'll have that gap like CM shoot went to the trouble of demonstrating for you.

On a side note, if anyone is looking for a Glock 19 long slide Brownells makes an aftermarket 17 length slide that goes on the Glock 19 frame.

Note the aftermarket slide fills that gap that would otherwise be there if you tried just using factory Glock frame.

The 19 long slide I feel like is the Glock everyone really wanted when they made the 19X

View attachment 3729121View attachment 3729122

That’s an anti-G19X.

View attachment 3729229
This one definitely works. Glock 45 (or 19x) slide on 43x frame. The “x” makes them compatible.

Whatever you do, don’t call Glock and ask them if it will work. They’ll tell you no so that you’ll have to buy it next year when they officially release it.

How much for the custom Glocks in configurations that Glock doesn’t offer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom