• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock43 Ideas

I'm definitely not trying to hate on anyone's pistol, but am I the only one who doesn't understand mag extensions? I will only carry my G26 with flat base mags. Somewhere to hook my pinkey doesn't give me that much extra control, and these banana clip extensions on G43's create a G19 profile. I know I'm the odd man out, since literally every subcompact I've ever seen a picture of has em. What am I missing?

IMG_2438.JPG

My 43 has ameriglo night sights, yellow outlined front, black serrated rear. Vickers mag release and slide stop, Taran plus 2, overwatch trigger and Glock minus connector. Absolutely love this little gun.

I'm definitely not trying to hate on anyone's pistol, but am I the only one who doesn't understand mag extensions? I will only carry my G26 with flat base mags. Somewhere to hook my pinkey doesn't give me that much extra control, and these banana clip extensions on G43's create a G19 profile. I know I'm the odd man out, since literally every subcompact I've ever seen a picture of has em. What am I missing?
I think options are good. I use an extension when I can for the added ammo/hold benefit; but use the flat base just as often when I need to really conceal.

Options. A flat base mag is more concealable...maybe. Depending on clothing, carry position, body type etc. The mag extentions you say give a g19 mag profile is partially true. It is as long as a g19 mag but much thinner and therefore still more concealable. A mag extention makes for a better spare mag for two reasons. 1) more ammo 2) easier to grab from concealment. Also carrying a g43 with a mag extention in the pistol makes for a faster more consistent draw from concealment (especially under pressure). A mag extention like the strike industries emp +2 gives ya more purchase on grip and better control for rapid fire as well as the additional rounds. For some, the pinky extention is just enough to make a big difference in controlling the gun when shooting fast and overall ergos. For pocket carry with a g43, i would stick with a flat base mag. For iwb with a g43 size gun, i would rather have a bit more to grab hold off and a couple more rounds while still being more concealable, lighter, and comfortable (for some) than a g19 size pistol. If i were gonna carry a g26 iwb, i would just skip it and go to a g19 as the thickness is the same (and thats what i did). Better grip and overall feel and function for me.

GAP floorplates works wonders on the G26 10 round magazines. Your finger always hooks them when drawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A trigger is nice but not necessary. A great holster and lots of range time is important. I still haven't shot my 43. I will when it cools off. My range is outside. :(

Back
Top Bottom