• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go Fund Me!!! WTH?

Do you randomly support Go Fund Me's for people that you don't know?

• Every time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When funds are readily available

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Only if I know the person

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Not my horse, not my farm!

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters
I'm confident most of the GFM's are, in fact, scams.....BUT if you know the beneficiaries, then, that's a different story....My friends Ex set up a GFM for her/their son that committed suicide...well....my friend paid all expenses for all of the arrangements she kept all the GFM money for herself...I will not send money to a GFM account because of what they did to the truckers last year!!!...nodda....nothing...not a thing...so sorry...I'll be glad to mail you a check!!!

Where do you see these Go Fund Me campaigns? This site is as close to a "social media platform" as i get.

If you're seeing them on Facebook or Tiktok or some other gay **** maybe you should spend your time some other way instead of bitching about it....

Where do you see these Go Fund Me campaigns? This site is as close to a "social media platform" as i get.

If you're seeing them on Facebook or Tiktok or some other gay **** maybe you should spend your time some other way instead of bitching about it....
Mostly on the cesspool that is Nextdoor...

I don’t usually feel compelled to just randomly give. I like to think when I do that it’s because of a true hardship and not that I am freeing them up to spend money on a want

Go to FB Marketplace and look at all the ads people post for handouts.

Typical: Hello I'm a single mother with 4 kids and just moved to this area and have no job. We have nothing and need everything like furniture and clothes for my kids.

I have never picked up and moved my family on a whim with no plan and certainly never asked for freebies.

I have never picked up and moved my family on a whim with no plan and certainly never asked for freebies.

I have.

I sold a lot of things i owned for a long time and cashed out my retirement to move to Georgia. It wasn't easy but it was a lot better than hoping strangers would help me.

Back
Top Bottom