• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go Fund Me!!! WTH?

Do you randomly support Go Fund Me's for people that you don't know?

• Every time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When funds are readily available

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Only if I know the person

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Not my horse, not my farm!

Votes: 44 67.7%

• Total voters
Where do you see these Go Fund Me campaigns? This site is as close to a "social media platform" as i get.

If you're seeing them on Facebook or Tiktok or some other gay **** maybe you should spend your time some other way instead of bitching about it....
I don't have FB or TT, I signed up for the Next Door app a little over a year ago and quit looking at it after about three days, it's nothing but a platform for complaining or begging...and my wife forwards me emails from them all the time (most being GFM requests). Regarding the bitching, I guess I'll bitch whenever/however I want...if you're bothered by it, then block me.

Thank whatever lucky stars you believe in that you have never experienced Nextdoor. Your life is much better for that, believe me.
ND is what I was primarily complaining about, my wife forwards me alerts/emails from it ALL THE TIME, and most of them are GFM requests. I joined at her recommendation a little over a year ago, quit looking at it after about three days, still get email alerts....It's a joke!

ND is what I was primarily complaining about, my wife forwards me alerts/emails from it ALL THE TIME, and most of them are GFM requests. I joined at her recommendation a little over a year ago, quit looking at it after about three days, still get email alerts....It's a joke!
95% of Nextdoor posts:
- "Here's my GFM, my car is broke down, send me $$"
- "I'm re-homing my dog..."
- "HOA's suck"
- various dirty laundry that literally nobody cares about.

I finally closed my account after 3 months of hoping it would be of some/any use.

I like giving tips to those who help us out. No one is working for someone because they want to. GFM is a appreciated service for some families in need. Wish I could randomly give to those who I don't know but I can't handle being scammed.....I leave that up to our government.

I have a buddy back in Utah, his daughter has had Synovial Sarcoma for the last 4 years. She's unfortunately near the end and isn't even an adult yet. If it wasn't for the generosity of those that helped by way of GoFundMe, they'd not have a roof over their head. Sometimes it serves its purpose and we don't always need a fundraiser to do the right thing, but to your point, when it's used for panhandling, that's where a line gets crossed.

Agree. I’ve helped a couple of friends who had excessive medical bills. One was last year and he was in a bad wreck.

If I’m helping someone I know, it’s all good. I’m not helping the panhandlers.

Same as helping out members here when I can, in the goodwill forum.

Back
Top Bottom