• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a 94 F-150 300-6cyl need gone through

h34choctaw

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
118   0
Reaction score
I got a 1994 F-150 extra cab 4WD with the 300 inline 6. I need to drive it up to North Dakota to give to my daughter going to school up there. I know it needs shocks, rear axle seals, differential seal redone, middle fuel pump replaced, and some leaks around the engine looked at. Looking for somebody around the Gwinnett/Hall county area who can go through it and get it done. Any recommendations?

Man that's the perfect truck. My favorite body style and engine. My daughter has a 94 XL 4WD with one fuel tank and the 5.0. It's still State of GA green where it used to be a game warden truck. But I prefer that 300 inline to the 5.0.

I had that truck but no 4WD

Best truck engine every made.

I may be wrong, but don't think there is a "middle fuel pump". The pump and filter and gauge sending unit are modular, and are in the gas tank. You really don't want to have to replace it $$$$$.

Replacing the shocks is dead easy. Even a klutz (no offense meant) can do all 4 in an hour.

Probably don't need it, but I have a plenum for the 4.9 that I will give to someone. Hate to scrap it.

Man that's the perfect truck. My favorite body style and engine. My daughter has a 94 XL 4WD with one fuel tank and the 5.0. It's still State of GA green where it used to be a game warden truck. But I prefer that 300 inline to the 5.0.

Internet story going around the the I-6, which is 300 cubic inches, is actually 5 L, but when Ford converted it to "liters", it became a 4.9 L because Ford didn't want to have an I-6 that was as big as its 5.0L V-8, because V-8 are always better.

Truck for truck, the I-6 will pull the 5.0L backwards.

Like most internet tales, I haven't verified the size information, but it makes a really good story.

Internet story going around the the I-6, which is 300 cubic inches, is actually 5 L, but when Ford converted it to "liters", it became a 4.9 L because Ford didn't want to have an I-6 that was as big as its 5.0L V-8, because V-8 are always better.

Like most internet tales, I haven't verified the size information, but it makes a really good story.
Sounds credible. I'm sourcing (long distance) front end parts for my daughter's truck right now. She clipped a big buck a few weeks back going to work and busted the grille, drivers side headlight and all the support brackets behind them. The good thing is that there were so many millions of that body style that the parts are still pretty easy and cheap to get.

The 302 is actually 4.94889 L so they bumped it up to "5.0" to keep it from being the same as the I6.

Oh, and shocks are dead simple unless you've got rusted hardware and/or mounts. The one hour job can quickly turn into an all day affair.

If you have a "middle" fuel pump, it is the result of a quick, cheap fix for a bad tank pump. The inline will work, but is not correct, and is used so the tank doesn't have to be dropped to change the pump.

But there is a fuel filter mid frame, and it sort of looks like fuel pump.

Back
Top Bottom