Got a thief in the neighborhood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazedawg87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
198   0
Reaction score
Ok so some lil prick is stealing from our house. Left my car unlocked one night after getting home late from school and they stole the change cup from my car. They have also stole atleast 6 12packs of drinks from my grandmothers car after coming home from thanksgiving dinner. They also stole a carton of cigarettes form my moms car. Its not what they stole but the fact that they did steal it. Now my question... Is it unlawful to fire a warning shot into the ground if they are on my property? This would not be directed at the suspect unless they present a weapon at me. The shot would not happen first, i would first direct my Pelican light at them with gun in tote and demand them to stop and get on the ground. Then the police would be called. I do not like the idea of firing a warning shot in a residential neighborhood. They come at night and my old lab is losing her hearing and is not as defensive as she used to be. What would be the best course of action to catch this low life(s) and bring them to justice?

Yes it would.......if you draw your weapon to shoot.....be prepared to shoot center mass.....if not...call 911....video camera's......man eating dog..........but DO NOT fire a "warning shot"....

Im not sure how it is inviting. 9/10 times everything is locked up. And i dont have the cash to drop on video survailance, what about motion detection lighting? And thanks on the clearification of the castle doctorine. I know you can defend your home in the event of unlawful entry but i wasnt sure on property. And a dang county officer lives next door to me! How is that inviting at all?!

GA is a "stand your ground state" and you are justified in confronting someone on your property. If you feel at anytime your life is in danger, put two center mass, but no warning shots. I would prefer an auto loading shotgun to minimize collateral damage (putting a .45 through your neighbor's window) and maximize accuracy in a high pressure situation.

I dont like the idea of the warning shot. If i was at my old house it wouldn't be an issue because it takes law enforcement about 20 minuets to get there. Know this from experience. May go invest in some buckshot for the 870. If they are just a petty thief then i dont see the need in deadly force, unless they present a weapon or come towards me with a knife. I know GA doesnt have the retreat if possible law for standing your ground in the event of using deadly force. And this really worries me because i have a 65 yo grandmother here, my mother, and my lil brother and i am the only one with the skill to accurately and effectively take down a threat.

Im not sure how it is inviting. 9/10 times everything is locked up. And i dont have the cash to drop on video survailance, what about motion detection lighting? And thanks on the clearification of the castle doctorine. I know you can defend your home in the event of unlawful entry but i wasnt sure on property. And a dang county officer lives next door to me! How is that inviting at all?!

if a crook knows you leave your stuff unsecured on occasion they are going to keep coming back for the easy pickings....you can confront them IF you catch them,you can not shoot them unless you feel your life is in danger (ie they present a deadly weapon,there are a bunch of them,etc)....if you fire a "warning shot" you are only going to get in trouble for discharging a firearm in a residential area...i'm curious though, how does a county officer living next door make you safe? or make it so you don't have to bother securing your stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom