• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a thief in the neighborhood...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet money they are neighborhood kids/teenagers. Cigarettes and cokes? Most 'hard core' guys are gonna target stuff they can fence and get cash for.

Harbor freight has got a color camera with IR night vision for chump change:

http://www.harborfreight.com/weatherproof-color-security-camera-with-night-vision-95914.html

That is who we think it is to but none of them have kids that around that age. And im looking into motion detection lighting on the garage. Might even put a trail cam out there lol.

lights, more lights. the ones that come on when movement is detected. I have 3 solar powered LED motion lights right at the drive way. warning shots are for dogs, kill shots are for killers not cig thieves

You clearly have your priorities. Mixed up. Take the useless christmas presents back to the store and get a refund and buy some video equipment that will work in unison with your firearms to protect your family and your personal belongings.

I used to have the same problem at my house. Punk kids would steal anything they could out of my yard, car, and truck bed. Invest in a couple of outdoor motion lights. I was always told the more well lit your area is the better off you are. I don't like to have to feel like my stuff needs to be locked up but it does. Call the police and let them know of the problem. Maybe they will increase patrols in your neighborhood. If you suspect someone is outside your house then call the police before making any interaction. If you feel the need to confront then scream at them. It will get the point across. I would only pull or brandish a weapon if you feel threatened. If you pull it be damn well sure you indeed to use it. If you discharge your firearm, weather in the right or wrong, you will spend some serious money on legal fees proving your decision.

An infrared trailcam would do the trick, if you have one handy. If I had one I'd bring it right over to ya.

What part of the county do you live in? I've heard of a big rise in theft around here this week. No coincidence that kids have been out of school during the increase.

IMO, you shouldn't have any need to fire your weapon. Hide and confront them if you must, let them see you are armed without brandishing it and call the police.

Powerhouse- I live over on ben west dr just off oakwood and collard valley rd. We never had this problem out in Silver Creek. And Pinkey- Im not going to drive back to spend 40+ in gas just to drive back to kennesaw to return the gifts, then drive to rome to return the rest of them and im not going through the hassle of what i bought online. This thread is about to be closed because im sick of the negative bashing. Do you not understand that i asked for useful information and ways to keep these punks form stealing my belongings. It would be hard to explain to a 2yo that he doesnt have a present from his brother because i had to go out and buy cameras and lights. Please keep your bashing to yourself on out of my thread.

There are lots of teens in that area, some of them I'm sure have sticky fingers. My son has a friend that lives in that general area, when I go over there I see packs of kids roaming around. It wouldn't surprise me if they were coming through the woods from another area, especially if Edgewood is behind your place.

leave some goods in the driveway for them to see , wait in the bushes!!:lol:

This I agree with , the old bait and wait. Same as hunting!
It worked for me, turned out it was a neighbors son in his 40s drawing disability no less.
I made him at about 3:00 am, didnt call the cops and what he got was far worse.
He cant walk the street now without 100 eyes on him.

Powerhouse- I live over on ben west dr just off oakwood and collard valley rd. We never had this problem out in Silver Creek. And Pinkey- Im not going to drive back to spend 40+ in gas just to drive back to kennesaw to return the gifts, then drive to rome to return the rest of them and im not going through the hassle of what i bought online. This thread is about to be closed because im sick of the negative bashing. Do you not understand that i asked for useful information and ways to keep these punks form stealing my belongings. It would be hard to explain to a 2yo that he doesnt have a present from his brother because i had to go out and buy cameras and lights. Please keep your bashing to yourself on out of my thread.

useful was given and you poopooed it....lock your doors,every day, every night every time you aren't going to be in the cars...if it's a couple of opportunistic punks your problem is solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom