• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got attacked by a dog this morning. What would you have done?

Yes my dog spot to get out of line every once in a while and chase the mailman and it was funny to see how fast the mailman could run but one day he got the mailman at all well the mailman is doing good on one leg but the dog got recommended for that.

Attachments

• 3820E8B6-E490-4DFD-97EB-931869BA8826.jpeg
    3820E8B6-E490-4DFD-97EB-931869BA8826.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 12
I would never allow Thor to run free, but I assure you with 100% confidence that if you were to start swinging a 3 foot piece of garden hose at him it would make his ****ing day. Y'all gonna be playing tug of war and you'll probably wear out first.

Some of these suggestions are just plain silly. If ever there was a perfect tool for a job, it's pepper spray for keeping away unwanted dogs. Swinging bats and hoses at them is just gonna escalate the situation.
I have a hard time imagining Thor attacking somebody who didn't need attacking. He seems so even tempered and playful. I guess he would be thrilled to have a game of hose tug-of-war.

Here's my other advice. Whip out your trouser snake, lift a leg and piss all over the ground in front of you while maintaining eye contact and growling. Congratulations you are now alpha and the dog will bow down to your commands. I've seen this before in downtown Atlanta....not with dogs though. Seemed to work.
Like I said, present something small and less threatening for them to bite. :becky:

I have a hard time imagining Thor attacking somebody who didn't need attacking. He seems so even tempered and playful. I guess he would be thrilled to have a game of hose tug-of-war.
My old dog Fat Albert wouldn't bite a buttered biscuit. I'm not that confident about Thor though, he has a strong prey drive, if someone were to take off running and screaming he's probably gonna end up hanging on their ass.
He's loves people, but he's also very reactionary, if you freak out he's 100% freaking out too lol.

My adrenaline was pumping and it was hard to think clearly but I was treating it the same way I would if a person was threatening me. Don't pull it out unless you're willing to use it. Already crossed that bridge. Next up was don't pull the trigger unless you're willing to kill. My mind was racing looking for a way around that one but I wasn't able to come up with anything. She was getting really close and I was aiming for center mass and starting to squeeze my index finger when the guy called her off. The exact instant she made contact with me my ears would have been ringing and that was probably less than a second away.
In all honesty, it is pretty amazing a dog with that much prey drive and that intent on attacking, was able to be called off by one "hollar" from her owner! IDK .....but that takes training.

Dogs are territorial by instinct and gonna get loose despite best efforts to contain them. Shooting one would be a hard call for me. I worked at UPS and delivery drivers endured a lot of unfriendly dogs. Some would carry treats.

In all honesty, it is pretty amazing a dog with that much prey drive and that intent on attacking, was able to be called off by one "hollar" from her owner! IDK .....but that takes training.

I guess she did slow down a bit when I turned around and started to draw a bead on her. She was still advancing and growling and showing her teeth to me but maybe that's not the first time she's been staring down the barrel of a neighbors gun

I guess she did slow down a bit when I turned around and started to draw a bead on her. She was still advancing and growling and showing her teeth to me but maybe that's not the first time she's been staring down the barrel of a neighbors gun

A dog does not understand a gun. If you need to use it, use it, but do not think for a minute that the sight of a gun will have any effect on a dog.

Back
Top Bottom