• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got attacked by a dog this morning. What would you have done?

3 ft of garden hose is light to jog with and will literally get the full attn of a dog. I have been in the situation before and a good lick when you're scared and adrenalized will deter the meanest of them.

So I've been a canine handler and dog trainer let me give you a couple of points never run from a dog, This does a few things number one it emboldens a dog,the dog gave you a warning with the barking and now the dog thinks you're afraid of it. When faced with that situation always face the dog stand erect and make yourself appear bigger you can shout at the dog to go away using words like no as you back away. If the dog starts to lunge at you use your hands to protect your throat and kick at the dog's head and neck And ribs. If you kick use short snapkicks Do not put yourself off balance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 ft of garden hose is light to jog with and will literally get the full attn of a dog. I have been in the situation before and a good lick when you're scared and adrenalized will deter the meanest of them.
I would never allow Thor to run free, but I assure you with 100% confidence that if you were to start swinging a 3 foot piece of garden hose at him it would make his ****ing day. Y'all gonna be playing tug of war and you'll probably wear out first.

Some of these suggestions are just plain silly. If ever there was a perfect tool for a job, it's pepper spray for keeping away unwanted dogs. Swinging bats and hoses at them is just gonna escalate the situation.

Imagine having pepper spray at your disposal but being so stupid you climb on your car hood and swing a stick at the dog like that's helping lol. People can be so stupid when they're scared.
FB_IMG_1628534294287.jpg

As long as this idiot is swinging something at them, they ain't never gonna leave. Don't be this idiot.

Imagine having pepper spray at your disposal but being so stupid you climb on your car hood and swing a stick at the dog like that's helping lol. People can be so stupid when they're scared. View attachment 3410937

As long as this idiot is swinging something at them, they ain't never gonna leave. Don't be this idiot.
Pepper spray does nothing to dogs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am a dog lover. Absolutely love them. Had 4 and recently loss two due to old age. With that said, I dont mess around with aggressive dogs. It's normally a ****ty owner and not the dog.

I got my ear bit off by my in laws dalmation in 2014. Its flat, there's no curve to it. I cracked it in its face as hard as I could and then his ass was put down 10 days later. Didnt shed a single tear. My in laws babied him and sheltered him so he had zero social skills to new people or dogs. If you were in his house he was coming after you.

Had a similar issue with a neighbors pittbull. It would run loose when I walk my boys in their stroller with our two swissies. Absolutely vicious. I would have a walking stick and just crack it in its head (I dont currently carry, I should....) I called animal control / police 11 times before they did anything. The 11th time I said if anything happens to my kids or dogs, I am killing the neighbor. Animal control was there that day and took the dog.

I say all that to say dont mess around. No one's around to help you and your county's services are probably just as worthless as mine. It could be a kid that dog attacks. If it happens again and youre carrying just kill it and be done with it. It's not your fault that situation happened, its the owners.

Pepper spray is probably better than bullets as previously mentioned. Also, it's all situation dependent. If the owner gets the message then the issue should resolve itself. My issue was my neighbor is a lazy piece of **** so nothing was happening after several conversations with him.

I've never been attacked by a dog before so I didn't know what the official protocol was. I was just trying to get away to avoid an incident. Also, I had just finished running over four miles so I didn't have any sticks, jackets, bear mace, or scooby snacks with me. All I had was my LCP with a full magazine and a huge dose of adrenaline. I did my best to get away without having to kill someone's pet and fortunately that's exactly how it ended. From now on when I go running I'll be sure to carry a duffel bag full of anti dog gear with me.

Also, Animal Control has been notified. They asked me if I wanted to press charges for a leash law violation but I told them that a simple written report to go on record would be plenty. They emailed me a form and I will send it back to them after work. The lady that I spoke with also said that I was well within my right to shoot the dog and she would have definitely shot it had she been in my situation. Hopefully there won't be a next time but at least now I'll be better prepared

Not run. Turn around, bark back and stand ground aggressively. Unless it's a dog that can kill you. Then do same and shoot it if you have to. Anything else just kick it's a$$ till it gets the point.
This is it right here ^^^^^.

You never turn your back to a dog that has the small intention of charging you. You need to stand your ground and even fight it, grab it, kick it, bite it, choke it do whatever it is needed, BUT face him off. That’s a rule in the entire nature, even elephants would stop and back off when you look the animal in the eyes and scream at it….

Back
Top Bottom