• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Governors Gun Club Review

If the Kennesaw one is anything like the one in Buford, it's pretty awesome. I just went to the Buford one yesterday for the first time on my buddy's guest pass. He's a member. The 100-yd indoor range is incredible. I was duly impressed.

Kennesaw is a much nicer and newer location vs powder springs. They've both been good to me, it helps if you're a member. But for the most part it's a nice range, well lit, and mostly friendly staff. Powder Springs recently had a management change so they were figuring out the kinks for awhile there. Seems to be ok now.

What is the best membership package to get?

It depends on your situation. I went with the one that allowed someone else on the membership, I can't remember the level but it was a mid-tier option. Kennesaw is different because they have an upstairs member only range, but it requires the second highest and highest tier membership options. Since I mainly use the Powder Springs location, I didn't feel like those options would benefit me. Also, I decided to pay in full because it allowed a little more cost savings at the time.

If the Kennesaw one is anything like the one in Buford, it's pretty awesome. I just went to the Buford one yesterday for the first time on my buddy's guest pass. He's a member. The 100-yd indoor range is incredible. I was duly impressed.
I believe you are confusing Georgia Gun Club (Buford) with Governor's Gun Club (Powder Springs and Kennesaw). I haven't been to a Governor's yet, but it's apparently a whole other animal compared to Georgia Gun Club. https://www.governorsgunclub.com/

I believe you are confusing Georgia Gun Club (Buford) with Governor's Gun Club (Powder Springs and Kennesaw). I haven't been to a Governor's yet, but it's apparently a whole other animal compared to Georgia Gun Club. https://www.governorsgunclub.com/

You are correct. I misread the title. I've been to Governor's Gun Club in Hiram, and it's also quite nice. But I have not been there in a few years, since I no longer live in the area.

I just wish they had a better selection of reloading supplies. Last time I was in the powder springs location it looked like they where getting out of stocking it. Got a great deal on ALOT of .45 colt brass though.

Back
Top Bottom