Graylaser engraving!!!

Well. I was referring if the owner wants to skip the NFA process by just selling the lower by itself and new owner files for sbr. Of course, the original owner could transfer on form 4 which means no more engraving but they would have to wait 6 months.

Or you could do what Quiet stated. Just depends on what the buyer wants. If they don't want to wait, could just do another form 1 meaning he would have to engrave the lower. If he can wait, he could do form 4 which means no engraving but they would have to wait for approval.

Gotcha.

Yeah. For me, it's just a rifle. It already has other worthless engravings from mfg so additional markings don't bother me, if doesnt affect performance so I personally would skip the form 4 and just buy it without NFA config and file my own form 1.

The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model,
and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon.
The
marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer. Refer to
section 7.4 for a detailed discussion of the requirements.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-6.pdf

By submitting the form 1, you are now the "maker"

Last edited:
Just to restate what has already been said. If an individual "manufacture's" the SBR/SBS/etc and they do so under a "Revocable Living Trust". The ENTIRE name of the trust, city, and state need to be engraved.

If my Trusts name is "Rob62 Revocable Living Trust". And the trust address is Villa Rica, GA then:

Rob62 Revocable Living Trust
Villa Rica, GA

has to be engraved on the item. No abbreviations except the state.

Regards,
Rob

Back
Top Bottom