Gun ranges

Carlos2878

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
20   0
Reaction score
I’m looking for a gun range or a gun club that allows shooting from concealment. I practice with a laser in my basement but miss my live fire time. I’ve had numerous places to shoot over the years but tend to lose them as they get more and more populated.

River Bend Fun Club. It's a 45 min ride up 575 from your local. You do and can spend all day. They have a 100, 200, 300 & 600 yard ranges. Multiple knock down plate pistol ranges. They also provide target hangers in the bare handgun ranges and you can set up a multiple threat situation. My friend bet me I couldn't hit 6 target silhouette targets placed at different location while I was not watching. So when I was ready he handed me a 9 mm. I said let's make it interesting and I will use the 45 acp. His wife held the stopwatch on me. I had to beat 3 seconds. I said give me your gun. He looked at me and smiled like he has in the bag. She she said go and I turned around and did two shots per target. The four closest I hit inside the ring and on the two furthest just outside the ring. All in under 3 seconds. Quick 50 bucks. LOL

You can do all types of shooting in those empty bays and make it real interesting. Of course the knockdown plates are blast as well. They also have a mock western town where you can walk through The swinging doors and there are knocked down targets behind those.

They also have a full pavilion with kitchen all at your disposal if you want to have a family shooting day. They have skeet and trap shooting on shotgun Hill is what they call it. They also have clay pigeon throwers in the woods to simulate hunting grouse or something of that nature. Also have an archery range and it timed pistol range. They lack for nothing there you can literally take three or four or five guns and make it a day of it. If I wouldn't have moved I would have bought a small RV and I would have taken it up there and stayed for 3 days and shot. They allow you to take your RV and stay there for a few days because they have a lot of out-of-state members.

It's a gated range and they send you your membership card that let you get in the gate when you get there keeps all the riff Raff out. It is a little busy on the weekends but I would go through the week and I had the place to myself it was awesome. I wish they had something like that up here but they don't. Closest thing they have is a gun range that has two 100 yard ranges there at 25 bucks an hour. To me it was worth every mile of the drive because I would stay a long time and get a lot done there. I highly recommend that range to anyone and everyone. They pretty much monitor each other and keep each other in check from doing wrong things. And they are very anal about that. What y'all love because it's rain safety first all the way and if you find yourself doing something inadvertently incorrect they will call you out on it and it's a little embarrassing at the same time it's needed to maintain the safety level that I was comfortable with taking my kids to. Props to RiverBend Gun Club for an amazing setup. Do yourself a favor and go take a tour they have a golf cart they'll run you around the one and show you all the goodies.

They also have a 2-hour induction/gun safety class to prep you for what you're going to have to do when you are out shooting. And they test you at the end and then you get your results after that. They're very extensive in what they tell you so it's highly unlikely fail the test.it used to be they need that you needed to members to back you in your membership but I'm not sure if they're still doing that because of the economy or not you'll just have to check into that. Pretty much anywhere you go in Atlanta takes 20 minutes so driving an extra 20 minutes up 575 is no big deal.

You can also do fast repeating fire there as well. You have to be in the seated or prone position with a sling around your arm and you can do fast follow-up shots which in a lot of clubs you cannot do you can only shoot like once every 10 seconds or some crap like that. They want you to stay competitive at Riverbend and will allow you that luxury just don't abuse it meaning don't get caught standing up or not using your sling. I started doing a fast follow-up shot routine and a guy about 6 stalls down for me yelled hey man no fast shooting read your rule book. I replied no you rule you read your rule book on page 31a or something like that I don't know what page it was but at the time I did cuz I read it the morning before I went.

So basically what I'm saying is you can do any shooting scenario you can possibly think of. I really wanted to get in the woods and shoot clay pigeons as they flew through the trees that to me is real live testing and and practicing. Ever since I was a young kid I was always great with a shotgun and loved bird hunting everything's giving we would go quail hunting and I'd bring back a bag full of quail and everybody else may I had one or two. So shotgun is really a passion of mine but I didn't get a chance to before I left. I bought us over and under 20 gauge Beretta lightweight shotgun that was beautiful and I bought it for 700 bucks. After I realized I wasn't going to get to take advantage of it or use it I sold it on GunBroker for 1200. I made a lick off of it but I wish I hadn't sold it.

I was there one morning in a cool fall day or what we call in golf ( scraping the dew ). How was the only one after this morning that morning and I look up shoot my gun and there's the damn black bear across the range first one I've ever seen out in real life I mean you know just in in the wild fooling around. He didn't pay me one bit of attention. Je just mossies you on the across.

Back
Top Bottom