"Gun Safety" Meeting Tonite in Stone Mountain Sponsored by Dem Rep.

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
i57.tinypic.com_210kaz9.jpg

Billy supports - HB 931 Crimes and offenses; persons who provoke a use of force cannot claim benefit of the Code section.

This isn't already current law that if you provoke a conflict you cannot claim SYG......

The bill and "aggressor" is deemed how? Hey you what the hell are you doing in my house......

Code Section 16-3-23.1 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to no duty to
8 retreat prior to use of force in self-defense, is amended as follows:
9 "16-3-23.1.
10 (a) A person who uses threats or force in accordance with Code Section 16-3-21, relating
11 to the use of force in defense of self or others, Code Section 16-3-23, relating to the use of
12 force in defense of a habitation, or Code Section 16-3-24, relating to the use of force in
13 defense of property other than a habitation, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand
14 his or her ground and use force as provided in said Code sections, including deadly force.
15 (b) A person shall be unable to claim the benefit of subsection (a) of this Code section if
16 he or she:
17 (1) Instigates or initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself;
18 (2) Is attempting to commit, committing, or fleeing after the commission or attempted
19 commission of a forcible felony or forcible misdemeanor as defined in Code Section
20 16-1-3; or
21 (3) Was the aggressor."

Again isn't this law currently? Also I saw several other well known anti-gun zealots signed up to support this bill?

Ah someone is watching this too...
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=257269

Odd, Billy did support the decriminalization of firearms on church property.

Unfortunately the demoncrats can't or won't realize that more gun laws aren't the answer. Tougher enforcement of CURRENT laws is! I D I O T S !!!!!

Unfortunately the democrat's party has included more gun restrictions, regulation and outright bans as a political "party plank" to add to >20,000 laws that regulate the right "to not be infringed".

That said, Billy did join in on a Pro-gun bill to help sponsor it. It was on decriminalizing firearms/restoring property rights to churches. It was bill HB 335 (dead) I think. This means he has not totally embraced the party's political vision and actually thinks to some degree that firearms are not totally evil.

I would like to hear or better see a video of just what "training was offered" as well as just who attended (Bloopberg lemmings) and how many? Did media cover the actual "training event" and if so was it reported honestly? I know, that's too often not the case.

I would have really wished I could have made the event.

Yes but guns are bad Mkay.

The interesting thing is despite all the warnings (fear mongering) that allowing the common citizen the ability to actually bear arms (concealed carry) from a few 14 states to currently all states are suppose to allow some form of carry, the crime rates overall have dropped.

I don't think it is solely due to honest citizens arming themselves. It's multifactorial but the honest armed citizen are typically never a liability but rather an asset to a free state, a force multiplier and honest benefit to public safety.

Back
Top Bottom