• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun show loop hole is going bye bye

This is a rule, not a law. All this rule says is to enforce the existing law. As long as you are not running any illegal under the table, unlicensed firearms business you will be fine. ODT will survive.
I too, have never saw this “loophole” everyone keeps referring to. I have not bought a firearm at any of the 3-4 shows I attended since 98 because they were to pricey.
What is this “loophole”? Loophole to what?
Sorry to sound like a dumbass but I truly don’t get it.

I too, have never saw this “loophole” everyone keeps referring to. I have not bought a firearm at any of the 3-4 shows I attended since 98 because they were to pricey.
It is nothing but a catch phrase made up by the left to scare their uninformed/ignorant left wing base. A person can sell their own property and it makes no difference if they sell it at a gunshow, in the Wal Mart parking lot or at their home. A licensed dealer has to do a background check unless it is exempted by the Weapon Carry License and a private seller does not regardless of where the deal is being made. The left has for decades tried to make a big deal of people being able to buy a gun from a gun show and bypass the background check calling it a loophole but it is just a big lie. A private seller has never been required to do a background check regardless of where the deal is made.

So we all just get our SOT's and start pumping out legal post-86 machine guns.

They made the meal, they get to eat it.

Checkmate, tyrants.

The gun show "loophole" is that If you go to a gun show and you want to buy a gun from most of the vendors, you will find that they need your ID and they will do a background check on you and you'll have to fill out the form because they are FFL licensed dealers. But some of the people who sell guns --even dozens of cheap handguns with no collectors value -- are not "dealers." They call themselves collectors or hobbyists. They'll sell you a gun without any questions asked and possibly no paperwork. So, a Convicted felon or crazy person who wants to buy a gun without dealing with a background check or showing ID can usually find one of these private party sellers at a gun show.

I have been reading through the text of this new "rule" and it doesn't look to me like much of anything has changed.
Your summation is correct. They've further identified what it means to be "in the business" but that's about it.

It will allow Joe Biden to crow, "I've finally CLOSED THE GUNSHOE LOOPHOLE FOLKS! NO JOKE!"

They'll sell you a gun without any questions asked and possibly no paperwork. So, a Convicted felon or crazy person who wants to buy a gun without dealing with a background check or showing ID can usually find one of these private party sellers at a gun show.
In thirty years of attending gunshows and speaking with "private party sellers," even becoming friends with some, I have never found this canard to be accurate. Typical leftist pablum. I've never seen one sell to a person unknown to them without asking for an instate ID and if they were a prohibited person. I'm not saying there aren't super neckbeards out there who don't give a damn about legality, but I've not seen this reported "common practice."

Wait, we're supposed to have an SOT?

Do I get it before or after I drill the third hole?
Screenshot_20240411_223711_Photoroom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom