• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

my second favorite is another Model SEVEN in 7mm-08 Youth size
I'm a tall guy, but love a small rifle and the youth model fits me good in a tree
PS: we got more hogs this year

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_e41a0643.jpg

Here's another one that will probably get it's fair share of use this year. It's one that I picked up on clearance and then worked it over for my son and gave it to him when he was 11. He still hunts it as a grown man and it's a deer slaying machine. Sometimes I even grab it myself or loan it to a buddy. It's a Savage 110 in 25-06. I replaced the lawyer trigger with a factory 3 screw unit and replaced the trigger spring with a piece of .047 music wire so that it drops right at 2#. I bedded the action to the synthetic stock just up to the recoil lug with JB weld and gave it some tree bark style paint with rattle cans from Home Depot. Got a Leupold standard 1 piece base and a set of rings from penny auctions on Gunbroker. Topped it off with a clearance Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 from Wal Mart and a clearance sling too. All in for everything you see under $400 and it is a long distance fly swatter with 110gr Accubonds and RL22

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom