• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun at 18??

You're new here but someone has been posting threads like this for a while now (18 yo complaining about not being able to buy a handgun). Gaffer1968 has just taken notice to what we all have seen.

How I picture the 18 YO in question.

OIP.jM7PkrWimX7eHwq4uw3AMQHaE8

You're new here but someone has been posting threads like this for a while now (18 yo complaining about not being able to buy a handgun). Gaffer1968 has just taken notice to what we all have seen.

How I picture the 18 YO in question.

OIP.jM7PkrWimX7eHwq4uw3AMQHaE8

lol...yeah my original post was making a crack at anyone who would start a thread like this...

lol...yeah my original post was making a crack at anyone who would start a thread like this...
I hear ya. I purchased a handgun at 18. I realize now that I probably didn't need it. But age (with age comes wisdom) and experience can't be handed out or given away. Advice yes but wisdom and experience no. I'm not selling to 18 yos because I don't like them, I am not selling to them because I think I know better than they do what they truly need because I have been there and done that already.

Also; Don't ever start smoking.

For people under 21, their parents can always gift them a handgun. I got my first one when I was 12 or 13 and always had a pistol in the car when I got my drivers license at 16. I was also reasonable responsible and not a hot-head. I'm not saying I never did anything stupid, there was plenty of that, but never anything stupid with a gun.

A lot has to do with how you were raised and the values that were instilled in you from the very beginning.

Back
Top Bottom