• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun at 18??

Another big reason not to sell to an 18 YO is because we were all 18 once and we know what happens at 18.
As a 17 yr old who's "dad" owns a spikes tactical AR 15, an American flag coated glock 19, and a .22 rifle I'd say sell to an 18 yr old after meeting them in person and doing a personality assessment. I'm 17, I started a holster making business, I taught my girlfriend, her parents and my parents how to shoot, and I am a sophomore at UNG getting a criminal justice degree. Some of us are capable of handling the responsibility, and therefore you shouldn't let age define how you treat the sale of a gun. For instance, at 21 you can legally start drinking... why is that the best time to get a gun again? I believe that I should have the right when I turn 18 next weekend to carry a handgun concealed to defend myself, it is my right as an American.

I hear ya. I purchased a handgun at 18. I realize now that I probably didn't need it. But age (with age comes wisdom) and experience can't be handed out or given away. Advice yes but wisdom and experience no. I'm not selling to 18 yos because I don't like them, I am not selling to them because I think I know better than they do what they truly need because I have been there and done that already.

Also; Don't ever start smoking.
I don't plan to drink or smoke. I'm a sophomore in college. I've worked a manual labor job since I was 12 and I have been with my girlfriend since 12 as well. I turn 18 next week, I could get married by 19, why should I not be able to defend myself and my family then?

You're new here but someone has been posting threads like this for a while now (18 yo complaining about not being able to buy a handgun). Gaffer1968 has just taken notice to what we all have seen.

How I picture the 18 YO in question.

OIP.jM7PkrWimX7eHwq4uw3AMQHaE8
I'm 17: meet me
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 5.36.41 PM.png

My dad has arthritis and can barely shoot a gun much less proficiently. I am the defender of my house. I turn 18 next week. You can bet I will proudly take ownership of an AR 15 and a glock 19.

I'm 17: meet me
My dad has arthritis and can barely shoot a gun much less proficiently. I am the defender of my house. I turn 18 next week. You can bet I will proudly take ownership of an AR 15 and a glock 19.

Why does your profile state that you are 23?

As someone who's 18 who's bought and sold handguns it doesn't matter to me who it is as long as the transactions legal, money's all there, and they're punctual and respectful. In my experience though most people I dealt with are old enough to be my father and beyond so never needed to ask for ID and alls been good on odt. I'd say just be upfront on both parties and have good communication and no toes shall be stepped whatever your decision maybe

Edit:some martial art like bjj or muay thai would be good for your age also little pepper spray wouldn't be bad either

Back
Top Bottom