• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun in car without GWL

No, the first post says it's legal for someone over 21 to carry concealed in their car. The second post says it must be in plain view or in a glove compartment (or like) only. So you could NOT carry concealed. They are different on that point (which is a pretty big one IMO).

Glove compartment would be concealed to me (long rifle won't fit, lol). So, the first statement would be correct as well. That's how I see it. Pretty much, it sounds like you can carry in your car openly, or in the glove compartment. I don't think it's too difficult to grasp, but I might be wrong.

Glove compartment would be concealed to me (long rifle won't fit, lol). So, the first statement would be correct as well. That's how I see it. Pretty much, it sounds like you can carry in your car openly, or in the glove compartment. I don't think it's too difficult to grasp, but I might be wrong.
The first post is correct per the code I posted. What I'm taking exception with is the second post that said this:
"3. To transport a loaded firearm in a private motor vehicle, provided it is carried in an open manner fully exposed to view, or is in the vehicle’s glove compartment, console, or similar compartment."
That clearly states carrying CONCEALED (for example on your body, under your seats, whatever) in your vehicle if you do NOT have a GWL is illegal. That is INcorrect per the code.

Back
Top Bottom