• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun preferences changed or changing or is it my imagination

Or,,,,in 9mm......
20181215_194942.jpg

Everyone in the USA needs a good 45 pistol. Well mine has just been taking up space. I'm back to my original G19 Gen3 I've had for a long while. It was my first polymer framed pistol. It replaced my S&W J frame I used to carry around.

I carry a .45 on cold days. If by chance my hp's do not expand due to heavy jackets/clothing, I prefer a big ball.

Most of the time I carry 9mm.

I like 9mm, .40, and .45, and a few others. Makes no sense to dwell on the differences. They are all capable. The user is what makes the difference.

The entire argument of stopping power out of a standard pistol cartridge is a joke. You put the round where it needs to be, person goes down. You don't, and they don't go down. Pretty simple. So, carry what you are comfortable shooting and can more accurate rounds on target with. That's why the FBI and other agencies dropped the 40 for the 9. More rounds and more rounds put on a target accurate.

The entire argument of stopping power out of a standard pistol cartridge is a joke. You put the round where it needs to be, person goes down. You don't, and they don't go down. Pretty simple. So, carry what you are comfortable shooting and can more accurate rounds on target with. That's why the FBI and other agencies dropped the 40 for the 9. More rounds and more rounds put on a target accurate.
Only reason was cost. If it was just accuracy the guns would be better quality, or 22.
Don’t be fooled.

Only reason was cost. If it was just accuracy the guns would be better quality, or 22.
Don’t be fooled.
Accuracy of the firearm has never been the issue. It's the accuracy of the the user. Most people are more accurate and more comfortable, esspecially under stress, shooting a 9 than they are with a 40.

Back
Top Bottom