• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Harvester 30 opinion for bolt action only use

Tiamat

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I need opinions on the harvester 30. A while back I almost purchased one, but decided not to because I already had a specwar 762. The specwar has been very accurate. However, it also has significant POI shift. So, I thought about purchasing the harvester 30.
my thinking is that that lightweight and direct threat on option will make it a good choice for a bolt action only set up. The weight and price point and direct threat option is why am leaning towards The harvester 30. Anyone with first-hand experience with the harvester please give me your opinion on it.
point of impact shift and accuracy etc. Thank you

I've got one on my LR308 (DPMS 16" car) and it works well. I don't notice much of a POI shift as I normally shoot close range. Currently set up 1 inch low at 25 yds with my 50mm scope. I'm planning on hunting with it this year and hope to get several changes to "test" it. The biggest thing I notice is the sonic crack bouncing back at me when I shoot outside; still hearing safe. I'm not shooting in open fields, just long driveway and in the woods. I also run it on my Adams Arms piston AR and it works very well on it. I like the fact that it is light and you really don't notice it except for the extra length when it is being carried. Its not full auto rated; but then neither is a bolt gun.

I've got one on my LR308 (DPMS 16" car) and it works well. I don't notice much of a POI shift as I normally shoot close range. Currently set up 1 inch low at 25 yds with my 50mm scope. I'm planning on hunting with it this year and hope to get several changes to "test" it. The biggest thing I notice is the sonic crack bouncing back at me when I shoot outside; still hearing safe. I'm not shooting in open fields, just long driveway and in the woods. I also run it on my Adams Arms piston AR and it works very well on it. I like the fact that it is light and you really don't notice it except for the extra length when it is being carried. Its not full auto rated; but then neither is a bolt gun.
Thanks let me know how it does when stretch out your rifles. Not to worried about sound reduction. super sonic crack will always be there unless you shoots subs. Dont get me wrong i want it to suppress but poi and accuracy is my top concern. Thanks again

No problem, where we hunt most shots are 50 yards or less in the thick stuff or shooting lanes. We only have 1 place we can shoot 100 yards or more and that's on the driveway. I don't get to stretch out the gun much.

How much of a POI shift in your specwar 7.62.
While on my 20" rifle at 2550 fps the poi is almost three inches.
On a six inch target zeroed at 100 on center x with out suppressor install suppressor poi in on edge of target at 6 o'clock. Repeatable with sccuracy still at .50-.75 5 shot group. The rifle likes the 180 sst. If i were to shoot something lighter and fast im sure poi would not be as much. But the 180 sst is a do all bullet for me hunt / target.

I hope to be able to give you first hand experience by thanksgiving, mine is still in jail.

I got it primarily for the weight reduction over other suppressors plus if that recoil reduction part wirks that would be nice, its primary host will be my 1969 Remington 700 bdl .30-06, already got it threaded, just waiting on that can.
Also will run it on my 10.5" 300 black out upper as well as my 16" 5.56 upper. But like I said I mainly got it for its lighter weight yo be used in my hunting rifle on hunting trips and at home alike. I'm younger but already one of my ears is at only 40% and the other is only 70% and I work around jet engines all day and there is only so much little ear plugs can do. So when I'm hunting I want it quieter now so I don't mess with my hearing anymore.

I hope to be able to give you first hand experience by thanksgiving, mine is still in jail.

I got it primarily for the weight reduction over other suppressors plus if that recoil reduction part wirks that would be nice, its primary host will be my 1969 Remington 700 bdl .30-06, already got it threaded, just waiting on that can.
Also will run it on my 10.5" 300 black out upper as well as my 16" 5.56 upper. But like I said I mainly got it for its lighter weight yo be used in my hunting rifle on hunting trips and at home alike. I'm younger but already one of my ears is at only 40% and the other is only 70% and I work around jet engines all day and there is only so much little ear plugs can do. So when I'm hunting I want it quieter now so I don't mess with my hearing anymore.

I can tell you that the recoil is reuced to 22 mag level with my specwar. The weight of the harvester what is attractive to me now.

I should be able to give you feedback on POI shift and accuracy for Tikka T3 Varmint (223Rem) and Sako A7 (270Win) within 2-3 weeks. The targets will be set up at 100 and 200. The weight and option for multiple thread pattern mounts are two main reasons I picked Harvester.

I should be able to give you feedback on POI shift and accuracy for Tikka T3 Varmint (223Rem) and Sako A7 (270Win) within 2-3 weeks. The targets will be set up at 100 and 200. The weight and option for multiple thread pattern mounts are two main reasons I picked Harvester.
Awesome! I think that both of those rounds will show minimal poi due to their fps but the 200 target should show the effect of the suppressor. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom