• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you broken the "rules" when reloading??

Have you done any of these things while reloading?

• Had the TV or radio running in the background.

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Watched a TV show or movie.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Had a few alcoholic drinks while loading.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Reloaded something while already under the influence.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Some other distraction.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I never have ANY distractions while I reload.

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

jsquared

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
43   0
Reaction score
This is a private poll so be honest. I am not trying to call anyone out for doing something "wrong," just curious how many people do any of these while reloading. You can select multiple choices if you, say, like to listen to the ball game on the radio while drinking a beer.

I don't have a radio or TV in the room where I reload and I don't drink so that eliminates most of the distractions you have listed. However, I do have internet in that room so I am guilty of stoping and checking emails or surfing ODT!

I voted no distractions but then I remembered that since I picked up the RCBS hand primer that I've used it sitting in front of the TV.

All mine is in its on separate room, only radio....But I don't consider that a distraction...I mainly, and for now solely load handgun ammunition...All of mine are charges were if you accidentally do a double charge it will either overflow or won't allow the bullet to go in....And thats the only dangerous part really, getting the charges right...Sizing, priming, and seating the bullet do not pose any danger.....

So I would consider hand priming while watching tv unsafe..

I am guilty of sitting in my recliner and drinking a beer while I chamfer necks or clean primer pockets. However I don't load primers or throw powder while or having had a beer!!! I usually do alot of my reloading in stages. I sit with the family and accomplich these teadeous tasks while still being involved in family discussion and listening to my son talk about everything he learned in school that day.

Back
Top Bottom