• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

I worked a deal on a rifle, drove 35 minutes to meet them, waited 10 minutes past the arranged meet time, and when he pulled up, he showed me the rifle which looked like he kept stored in a damp towel. It looked nothing like the photos in the listing. I told him I was not interested and he stated, the rust will come off with a little oil and elbow grease. Then tried to offer me a $50 discount.

Needless to say, I drove home without the rifle.

Usually I never have an issue, I had a 17 year old try to dupe me pretending to be 18 on a pistol.

As of late, I keep getting ghosted. We agree to meeting at a certain time with a price, night before or morning of, I send a couple texts offering to drive almost 2 hours to meet them at the location of their choice. Never get a response. Straight to ignore they go.

So I then drove 2 hours and paid full retail for the items I wanted instead because **** them.

I also drove an hour recently to meet a younger guy who was buying an item, he called me 45 minutes later after I had left and said he wrecked his dad’s truck and sent me pictures.
I was a little skeptical because the environment didn’t match for the season, but whatever.

It’s getting to the point where it’s not worth wasting my time for trades on here for anything other than political trolling.

I sold palmettomoon palmettomoon palmettomoon palmettomoon my Kobalt hacksaw. He showed up to the meet an hour and 45 minutes late with cotton candy stuck to his chin, smelling like liquor and sporting faux angel wings. He was driving a Pacer with bull horns on the front.
roflemotion.gif

Usually I never have an issue, I had a 17 year old try to dupe me pretending to be 18 on a pistol.

As of late, I keep getting ghosted. We agree to meeting at a certain time with a price, night before or morning of, I send a couple texts offering to drive almost 2 hours to meet them at the location of their choice. Never get a response. Straight to ignore they go.

So I then drove 2 hours and paid full retail for the items I wanted instead because **** them.

I also drove an hour recently to meet a younger guy who was buying an item, he called me 45 minutes later after I had left and said he wrecked his dad’s truck and sent me pictures.
I was a little skeptical because the environment didn’t match for the season, but whatever.

It’s getting to the point where it’s not worth wasting my time for trades on here for anything other than political trolling.
100% agree. I quit listing stuff...buy something occasionally. talk some ****. get points.

I renegotiated three times on guns that were not as described. Didn't have pics before meet. And condition was way worse than described. I offered all of the sellers option of $20 gas money or price change. All agreed on price change and we all walked away satisfied.

Twice. One was missing a part, cleverly not shown in the pics. Hated that one a lot, because it was a rare gun, and a long drive, and parts are made of unobtainium. Other gun had be taken apart and not put back together correctly, seller said "well all you need to do is tweedle this, and rotate that", invited him to do it and it was a no go. I didn't feel the least bit bad in either case.

I made a deal once for a gold Cadillac bowling ball bag. This chick named Methany showed up smelling like Shepherds pie and regret. Said something about needing money to bail some guy outta jail in Vegas. She wanted a bill of sail, so I told her to just put it back in the safe.
What was your previous user ID?

forgot about this one....guy here advertised a Remington 721 chambered for 300 H&H....I went nuts!!! been looking for one a long time!!!....said "I'll take it" he said "sold"....we decided to meet at the Mall of Georgia...he's coming from Commerce, me, from Roswell....get there...put the gun in my hands....turn it to look at the stamping....300 H&H CLEARLY marked out....stamped "rechambered 300 Win Mag"....I looked at him....said this is not a 300 H&H....he said "it isn't"....I said "can you read the stamp"...he says "oh...I wasn't sure what that meant....I can knock $100 off".....I just handed him the gun, and got back in my car, and drove home....disappointing!!!

Back
Top Bottom