• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HB859: "Campus Carry" Bill Introduced by Rep Jasperse

T
I have no idea where the 6 days came from.

Bills can be enrolled and requested directly to the Governor's desk after passage instead of waiting until after sine die. In that event the Governor has 6 days to act. If this is not the case, the enrolled bills will all be sent to the Governor post sine die, and the Governor has 40 days to act.

So we passed the "6 days" so it appears on the face " post sine die". Which is a travesty of the legislative process as the senate should have some viable measure to over ride a tyrants veto.

That process needs to be updated.

Edit amended.

GSU campus shooting-oh wait it was outside the dorm, not campus, student shot once in chest with .22 caliber, shoots other person 3 times with .40 caliber, both at Grady.

How's that "Honor System" working out in our campus "gun free zone". Don't worry when campus carry passes THEN they will be forced to spend money on more security because legal guns will be on campus.....

Fools...

http://www.people.com/article/shooting-george-state-campus-2-wounded-2-arrests

Edit: Links, AJC is not opening up for me but they reported it.

Student selling a pound of weed. But, but, how's he gon to pay for he schooling?
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-shot-near-georgia-state-university/82102080/

inside the gates of the Piedmont North University Housing complex on Piedmont Avenue, Oops, it's a campus crime. Dang just a few more feet...
http://www.cbs46.com/story/31531764/2-shot-near-georgia-state-university

Fox is liberal left, just not full retard liberal left...
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/web/waga/news/111268616-video

But, but, more guns will create more crime, now look at this baby!

i.huffpost.com_gen_1033311_thumbs_o_JONYLAH_WATKINS_DIES_BABY_SHOT_DEAD_CHICAGO_facebook.jpg

Anyone remember in the final legislative hour the "runner" Cecil Staton was excused before a critical vote that needed his vote to prevent campus carry. Our State LG Casey Cagle released him and the bill died.

When accused he did on purpose, he denied it, posted it on his face book-banned me from comment further and erased his comments and mine. He also owed a chunk of money to the school board of regents ($50K?). He stepped down shortly after and did not attempt another term.

Later, a year or so he fessed up he could not allow it to pass so he torpedoed it and with Cagle's help.

So guess where he is now and he even wrote a letter to Gov. Deal on the campus carry bill....

https://www.valdosta.edu/about/news...n-deal-regarding-campus-carry-legislation.php

Edit: So he is a "Dr." studied at Oxford (one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world) and taught as a Mercer professor before being elected.

For those who forgot: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...-hb875-but-hes-a-gun-guy.639972/#post-3267093

The fellow on the far left standing "Dr. Stanton" aka "the runner"

seems like everybody we put in runs from 2a when they really have to stand for it. i'm sick of it. we are simply outnumbered by liberals. our rights being given away and were left with no real way to fight. we'll all be 'outlaw' conservatives soon.

Our State AG Casey Cagle released him and the bill died.

Edit: So he is a "Dr." now, nice title given as a reward.

Cagle is the Lieutenant Governor; not the AG. Sam Olens is the AG.

Staton wasn't given the title of "doctor" as a reward. He actually has a doctorate from Oxford (one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world) and was a professor at Mercer and Brewton-Parker prior to being elected to the state legislature.

I don't agree with Staton's position on this and many others he had while in the legislature, but to represent his being given the title as doctor as a reward for his legislative actions is just not supported by the facts.

Cagle is the Lieutenant Governor; not the AG. Sam Olens is the AG.

Staton wasn't given the title of "doctor" as a reward. He actually has a doctorate from Oxford (one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world) and was a professor at Mercer and Brewton-Parker prior to being elected to the state legislature.

I don't agree with Staton's position on this and many others he had while in the legislature, but to represent his being given the title as doctor as a reward for his legislative actions is just not supported by the facts.

Thank you, I never saw the title of Doctor until recently. I "liked" Sam Olens. More so when he stood up for the female reporter they threw out of the public meeting (Pumpkin Patch?) last year. I will edit my post.

But having a $53K debtl to the school system, then stepping out in the final hour while a bill is on the floor that needed that one R vote-which is not a common act, then denying he did anything wrong and pontificating about his strong 2A support, removing his public comments, about year later admitting he torpedoed the bill "I could not vote for it in good conscience", refusing to run for office again and taking a nice (well paid) school position in Valdosta screams liar, integrity issues and conflicts of interest.

But he may have simply obtained his current position (Interim President Valdosta State University) based solely on merit. Just like senator Gin's new job given to him right before he gutted the bill in committee.

Dr. Staton did not seek reelection. His term ended at the end of the 2014 session.

He was appointed to the interim presidency at VSU in April of 2015 when Dr. McKinney resigned. He did go to work with the USG at some point between the end of his term and prior to being appointed as interim president.

Neither my post above nor this one should construed to be supportive of Dr. Staton's position on this. I'm not a fan. I posted solely because of the assertion that he was given the title of doctor because of his actions in the legislature, and that simply is not correct.

I never wrote anything about his getting the job solely on merit. Please show me where I wrote any such thing.

I wrote that he had a doctorate prior to entering the legislature.

Dr. Staton did not seek reelection. His term ended at the end of the 2014 session.

He was appointed to the interim presidency at VSU in April of 2015 when Dr. McKinney resigned. He did go to work at some point between the end of his term and prior to being appointed as interim president.

Neither my post above nor this one should construed to be supportive of Dr. Staton's position on this. I'm not a fan. I posted solely because of the assertion that he was given the title of doctor because of his actions in the legislature, and that simply is not correct.

I never wrote anything about his getting the job solely on merit. Please show me where I wrote any such thing.

I wrote that he had a doctorate prior to entering the legislature.

You are correct, I edited that.

I do appreciate you setting the record straight. A former rep Cliff (R.I.P.) of ours was from Macon and knew Stanton. He was a well liked person. I'm sure he was/is a nice guy but as a political leader compromised his integrity. Cliff was taken aback when he became aware of Stanton's actions.

It's a very good thing he refused to run for office again as this fiasco would have been publicized. That's not something I think he wanted.

I could have over looked a lot but integrity issues, conflicts of interest and lies are not the ones.

Back
Top Bottom