• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HB859: "Campus Carry" Bill Introduced by Rep Jasperse

TN Gov Haslam just allowed Senate Bill 2376 to become law without signing it....it covers Faculty and Staff with TN Permits but that's a start...

Haslam allows controversial guns on campus bill to become law

Hopefully Deal takes a cue from our northern neighbor.

Lord knows he doesn't have the guts to be the first at something. Changes have to be made by multiple other states before he'll peek how little head out and do something different in ga.

Deal telegraphed to an Atlanta reporter for WSB that he is going to veto the bill.

Responding to a question by the reporter about whether he was going to sign the bill, Deal said he told the legislature two years about his concerns for day care and high school students. Apparently the legislature wasn't listening or Deal didn't say it very loudly. :ear:

Anyway, that's his story and he is sticking to it.

There's a big VETO in your future, so get out the Preparation H right now, so you will be ready.

Not sure where you read that at. Here's the access north ga. Story on his answer when he was asked about it this morning while he was in Gainesville signing the budget.

Governor Deal signs budget bill at new college campus but defers about student gun law

Just remember, we're almost done with this guy. Soon we'll hAve to worry about his replacement. Let it be anyone but cagle. He's deal 2.0. I'd take a Democrat over cagle because at least they are up front about there intentions. This shady secret squirrel stuff has to end. I just hope that we get this final decent gun bill out of deal. I have growing concern that he is incorporating his financial future into this decision. Much like many of his minions have become well payed board of regents folks, I'm worried that he is looking to the future here. I still think he will sign this bill, but I'm not as concurrent anymore

Neil Boortz says Deal will veto the bill because, and I quote, "he can't stand up to the Left."

You have to remember that in a year and half, Deal is going to be looking for a job.

Neil Boortz says Deal will veto the bill because, and I quote, "he can't stand up to the Left."

You have to remember that in a year and half, Deal is going to be looking for a job.
Yeah, but it won't be a Governorship, and the damage willbe done already.

Yeah, but it won't be a Governorship, and the damage willbe done already.

Reading what I wrote, I wasn't clear. IMO Deal is a lot more interested in being known as a "go along, get along" kind of guy so he can keep those doors open with the big money Republican backers. He's going to need a paying job, because after the religious liberty bill and the campus carry bill he won't be able to get elected to the city commission, and it's unlikely he's going to get another sweetheart contract with the state that was his bread and butter for years.

Back
Top Bottom