• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch on the verge of going out of Business

Ive heard and felt like they focused strictly on military market and skipped the civilians. Good quality but most items priced out of the normal Joes price range. If a firearms manufacture isnt going to cater to the civilian market and isnt going to sell to the military, might as well close shop. Colt listen to the public and brought back revolvers and from what I can tell, it seems to be working well. Glock isnt listening so they have to rely on fanboy purchases and police. Sig is definitely being innovation. Smith seems to be keeping up. I had a HK rifle in my younger days and 3 pistols not to long ago. None impressed me enough to keep. Though I wish I still had the rifle as a collectors piece.

I don’t think they are going any where, military contracts are what is keeping the flow really low, I think a true hk mp5 for around 1800. Would steal the market from cz and ar9’s

^^^ This... Germany is really reticent to export firearms. Lots of internal pressure to limit sales outside NATO allies.

As Colt, HK and many others always find out, military sales are a boom/bust scenario. Colt *should* have had the advantage of having a robust civilian market as well, but they are run by bankers so they screwed that up. HK was primarily trying to sell into anti-gun EU countries, and the amount of R&D and manufacturing they put into customizing guns to be legal in countries they would only sell 500 units in has to be bleeding them dry.

I do believe that HK has plans for it's US subsidiary. I've heard two podcast interviews where they've said as much. Too bad for them they are going to be doing it during one of the slowest period of gun sales in the last decade or so. Whatever they do better will have to be spectacular to get the sales they will need to keep afloat.

Back
Top Bottom