• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me figure out this Background Check Bill

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I'm reading this bill and it's a little confusing.

On page 21 it says this:

View attachment 181557

and then later it says this:

Capture.jpg

Capture.PNG

So is this saying that you have to get a background check if buying from a listing unless you live in the same state?

Here's a link to the bill: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/152165893/Public-Safety-and-Second-Amendment-Rights-Protection-Act

But it also says "if the state has requirements under the law that are generally equivalent to the requirements of this section."

Are we ****ed or not?

Sounds pretty simple, no private sales online or at a gunshow without a background check, or a State law that requires the same or equivilent of the same. Like I have said several times before, this is the subject of the new proposal, private sales. In order to do a deal on the ODT or any other sight the parties would be required to go to an FFL and show a Weapons License or submit to a background check to make the transaction legal under the new law.
As I understand it, this bill has not passed the Senate and Rand Paul will filibuster the vote on it. We need to STAND WITH RAND and any others who are willing to do so. This is an encraochment that cannot be allowed to stand and if passed will likely die in the House. We need to send a message, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is not open to debate.

Last edited:
Now define online sales? The transaction,all of mine at least , have been in person face to face. Making contact with a perspective buyer online is not an on line sale equal to buying from an oline retailer like Buds etc. I do not think this will pass the smell test but who knows. They said Obummer care would never pass and look what we have today.

Now define online sales? The transaction,all of mine at least , have been in person face to face. Making contact with a perspective buyer online is not an on line sale equal to buying from an oline retailer like Buds etc. I do not think this will pass the smell test but who knows. They said Obummer care would never pass and look what we have today.

It explicitly lists "postings on the internet"

heres the thing about this, we are not selling things on internet unless it is shipped. The odt is a portal for person to meet a client(buyer) to perform a face to face transaction. If I mailed the item to you and it was delivered by a second party(i.e. postman) that would be an internet sale.

Thats how I read it

heres the thing about this, we are not selling things on internet unless it is shipped. The odt is a portal for person to meet a client(buyer) to perform a face to face transaction. If I mailed the item to you and it was delivered by a second party(i.e. postman) that would be an internet sale.

Thats how I read it

thats how I take it... But hope that it crashes and burns in The House. Way to close to registration for my comfort level.

Thats how I read it

So who is going to be the ginnie pig

Back
Top Bottom