• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me select a first (only?) supressor

SpectreII and don't even look back. I've found that I shoot the 22lr can due to ammo price and just general fun time. Costs are can 329+tax and stamp 200 at Quiet Riot and then the wait begins. Jake will take care of everything short of coming to pick you up when the stamp arrives. Hardest part is always getting the grin off my face when I shoot it. BTW, I do have a 7.62 can and have to agree with the guys above that it doesn't get shot that much (got it for hunting).

Alternative would be to give Bryan a call at Dobbs Defense and get one of his cans as I know that they work well (he does shop demos). His cans start for a lot less and he is a great guy to deal with.

Since there has been several years now since I saw .22LR on a store shelf(non remington), I have actually shot substantially more 9mm than .22LR lately. When I seen some, it's Remington stuff that's only left on the shelf as no one wants it....last time i tried some gold bullets, they wouldn't even chamber in my AR. I have one box of bulk federal left and half a box of Fed Match...then I will see the next time I shoot some .22LR. I'm not going to buy any from the hoarders.

A 9mm suppressor would be to heavy on a .22 pistol even if it suppressed well. It would probably suppress ok on a rifle, but will be louder than a dedicated can.

22lr is out there if you keep an eye out. I recently got 3 buckets of bullets (1400) from Dicks for 70/bucket . It may not be the best ammo, but it still works great for target shooting/small game. I will go supersonic out of a 5 inch pistol barrel and haven't had many issues with. Both my buckmark and 22lr AR bcg seem to like it ok. They also like the Federal. Haven't tried the old thunderbolts yet that still have $0.94 price tag on them. I do miss the cheap ammo and $5 bricks.

As the main gun I want to suppress is the TNW, I have zeroed in on (in no particular order) Revolution 9, Octane 9 and Tirant 9 ... where the price goes to the Tirant being $200 cheaper then the Revolution, but have aluminum baffles, so no dip. My strongest feelings goes towards the Revolution 9, but that is purely from reading the webbs and watching youtube. Have someone shot all three or any 2 of these any input?

I have shot the Tirant and the Octane, and I own the Tirant. I have not shot the Revolution, but based on feedback from people I trust and have experience with all 3, I intend to buy one. I have just been waiting for someone locally to get it in stock, and QRF has it now.

Of those three, if money is no object, I'd get the Revolution. It's modular, has a great 3 lug mount, and the coated baffles should be easier to clean. If money is an issue, get the Tirant. The cleaning thing is overblown. I've been using Bore Butter on my aluminum baffles for many years, and it makes cleaning much easier.

I recommend the Mystic X for your needs. You will cover all your hosts and will get the best suppression from 9mm and 22. Shoot me a call or email if you want some more help spending money :)

If I want to try to get my TNW threaded locally before the Demo day on the 25th to be able to test some cans on it, should I just have it done 1/2-28? There isn't enough barrel sticking out to redo it to change to something else so I need to make sure I pick the right option. Also, anyone have any suggestions on whom may be able to do it on rather short lead time on the Gwinnett side of town? I'm pretty much down the street from Ft. Daniel but I have to check what their lead times would be.

Back
Top Bottom