• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help Naming School

Chattkrav

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
I am opening a school in the next couple of months. We'll teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, self-defense and we'll also have a wilderness survival course and seminars. The place is going to be cool. It is in a big log cabin. My problem is I can't come up with a name. It is driving me nuts. Survival will be a big part of the school, but BJJ and Judo will pay the bills. I need something that blends the two. I thought about doing a survival oriented company name and then have BJJ under a different name. We are planning to sell quality pre-made B.O.Bs and we've got a few other ideas for the survival aspect in addition to gis and martial arts gear.

Thanks for any help

PS I was on Georgia Gun Trader before the transfer, and I'm always looking for guns, so I'm not really new.

I got a name.
The Chad Mason Center for Survival

Chad was a buddy of mine that died almost 2 yrs ago. Great fella, loved all things bad ass.

Defense Preparedness Institute
Defense Preparedness Academy
Survive Today!
Saftey, Survival, and Sit-ups
NW Georgia Martial Arts Academy

I would stick to a name that will get the bread and butter in the front door. I personally would keep survival out of the name. Right or wrong it has too much negative conotation with it.

I say you name it The Cobra Kai Dojo.

I think we are going with Chattanooga Judo. I got the Domain name, but it may be confusing to be in georgia with that name.
I thought about Chattanooga Judo: SOUTH or call it NW GA Judo and Just still use the domain. We are also talking about having a separate wilderness survival/combatives school under the Chattanooga Judo umbrella. Like The Defense Preparedness Academy at Chattanooga Judo. We will do the other stuff, but there is no competition teaching Judo. We will focus on a more combative style of judo instead of sport Judo. Judo is much more than throws. Pre WWII judo spent a lot more time on the ground (BJJ) and it teaches weapon disarms and limited strikes.

Where in NW georgia is the training facility? That would influence name choice. If in Ringgold, Rossville, Ft O-close to 'Nooga" then ok with name. If south of there, Lafayette, Sugar Valley, Summerville/Armuchee-no way on Chattanooga name...My $.02...I like The Defense Preparedness Academy...The Octagon...Jiu Jitsu for life...The Academy

Back
Top Bottom