• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hiking Boots

I will chime in with some other information. I find that recommendations don't always turn out to be the best. 1 person loves 1 thing and 10 people hate it. For ME when looking for boots I factor in weight. An extra 10 ounces goes a long way in tiring you out over the course of the day. My next rec would be to get some damn nice socks. Some DAMN nice socks. It is without a doubt a make or break factor for me. Finally, as several others have stated, give yourself time to break in these new shoes. Out of the box and onto the trail ends in misery the majority of the time.

I have some Merrels that are light and as comfortable as can be but they dry slowly.....I have some Solomans (sp) that are goretex lined (hur hur hard to dry out sometimes) that I should have gone with from the beginning IMO.

As all hikers say YMMV.

I used to wear Dexter Klondikes
They tread on the bottom was soft. Like the soles on Crocs. They wore out fast but was totally worth it because they were so comfortable. Of course they stopped making them.

I really don't care where they are made and cost is not a concern for me i wear em 12-15 hrs a day so i will pay whatever as long as they are comfortable but I don't wanna pay $200 for a boot that cost them $6 to have made by 9 yr old slave girls In china
Because nothing made in china or any other third world country is as good a quality as something made in Europe Japan or north America

So why can't someone make so
boots that have soft replaceable soles?
Just glue some $7 crocs on the bottom?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom