• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home based FFL

I knew a basement FFL dealer in east Cobb, not far from Roswell.
He didn't make any profit on the relatively few sales he made to people.
He didn't charge any fee for his real friends and family. That was the MAIN benefit.
He could get what he wanted for his own personal collection a lot easier, and cheaper.
There are some distributors that won't let you see their prices unless they have a copy of your FFL on file with them.

The guy I knew eventually dropped out of the business when Bill Clinton's administration upped all the fees and made it even less profitable to be a basement FFL dealer. But by then, he pretty much had all the guns he and his adult kids wanted or had any interest in.

Did you just turn 21? How did you get NFA items that quick. It seems as if everything is about a year long wait these days. Inquiring minds want to know.

I wish you the best of luck.

Did you just turn 21? How did you get NFA items that quick. It seems as if everything is about a year long wait these days. Inquiring minds want to know.

I wish you the best of luck.

My last 2 stamps in the past year came back at 141 days and 185 days. That was when it dipped back down after the crazy wait times, seems to be going back up now that the HPA is dead. So much for those quicker wait times, ATF examiner jobs are no longer at risk.

I think I’m gonna go for it. I’m 21 years old about to graduate college and really enjoy this hobby. I’m gonna submit my paperwork in a few weeks for type 07 FFL and SOT. Hopefully I get it and can do some transfer for all of you. I really don’t care about the government being in my business as I don’t do anything illegal and I already have NFA items. So wish me luck! Maybe one day I’ll have a storefront!

Let us know when you’re all set up. I’m not far from you and tired of paying the $35 transfer fee at shots fired.

Back
Top Bottom