• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home Security Cameras

I have this Night Owl System and have been very pleased:

http://nightowlsp.com/products/comp...ystems/16-channel/hda10p-10bu-168-2dma-2.html

Can stream live to my phone, SD is constant and HD is crisp. I can also review recordings in detail on my computer. It is set to be motion activated, and buffers for 30 seconds prior to the motion occurring. You can set for constant recording too if necessary.

Additionally, I hardwired the monitor to our bedroom, so I can view on our 46" tv at night if I hear something and my phone isn't nearby.

Anyone use Canary?
I have a canary indoors and it’s junk. Constantly going offline and doesn’t record unless you’re willing to pay. Honestly, I got my entire outdoor POE system from Lorex for the price of 2 canaries and they are far superior.

My first time doing this stuff and I managed to get everything up and running. POE is the sh1t IMO. You get both power and crisp video streaming using a single cable.

Question for you Night owl, Lorex, SimpliSafe and Arlo operators
You're lying in bed and you hear a noise outside.
How long does it take you to bring up the live feed? Assume you have 4-8 cameras and an iPhone

Question for you Night owl, Lorex, SimpliSafe and Arlo operators
You're lying in bed and you hear a noise outside.
How long does it take you to bring up the live feed? Assume you have 4-8 cameras and an iPhone

The Zmodo system I have is instant. I just press the power button to turn the TV on and no longer than it takes the TV to power up, the live feed is there.

How about the iPhone option?
Assume I can't find the remote, it's on the wrong channel or I don't want to light up the room and give away my position or I don't have a tv in my room.
I assume multiple cameras will take time to scan via smartphone.
Perhaps that Ring light is a good option as it spots the area of activity.

We use abode at our office. It works pretty well. I think it was around 600 with all of the options we added. The base package was about 250 (I think) but when you start adding more sensors and camera's it pushes the price up. It is all run from your phone. We have it set to go to everybody's phone in the office.

https://goabode.com/

Back
Top Bottom