• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda’s Pickup Truck Is Beating Ford at Its Own Game

The styling isn't for me, but truth be told, I'd guess 80% of truck owners don't haul anything or put much of anything in the bed. For most people it's just as capable and much cheaper.

Or you can play domestic auto lotto and hope you get something that will do 200 thousand miles if you're lucky
Exactly.

I'm a cheap SOB and have never wanted to make a car payment or carry full coverage insurance, so I always buy old vehicles.

I've had several Toyota pickups over the past 25 years and they've all been reliable as hell to almost 400k miles.

I've got a 91 CRX and a 98 S-10 right now.

The CRX has 285k on the odometer right now and still fires right up, runs like new and gets 47mpg. I wouldn't be scared to get in it and drive it to California right now.

The S-10 has 280k on it and runs like crap. I'm constantly having to work on it and it's left me on the side of the road several times. I guess I really shouldn't complain though. It's really a small miracle that it even still runs at all. LOL

I've got a 2008 Ridgeline with 196k miles and no problems. I haul lumber, quikrete, rocks, ladders and it's great in the snow, mud and comfortable on the hwy. The trunk in the bed holds a lot of tools, guns, ammo secure and out of the weather without taking up bed space. Wish it had more torque for towing but overall it's been a great truck. If I need to go serious offroad I can take my Bronco.

Exactly.

I'm a cheap SOB and have never wanted to make a car payment or carry full coverage insurance, so I always buy old vehicles.

I've had several Toyota pickups over the past 25 years and they've all been reliable as hell to almost 400k miles.

I've got a 91 CRX and a 98 S-10 right now.

The CRX has 285k on the odometer right now and still fires right up, runs like new and gets 47mpg. I wouldn't be scared to get in it and drive it to California right now.

The S-10 has 280k on it and runs like crap. I'm constantly having to work on it and it's left me on the side of the road several times. I guess I really shouldn't complain though. It's really a small miracle that it even still runs at all. LOL

I learned my lesson well with a 1985 Honda prelude that I owned from 1995 - 2000 - it had 250,000 miles on it when I got it It had over 400,000 miles on it when I sold it for within $500 of what I bought it for - I owned it for six years and not counting tires and oil changes only spend about $1000 in that time on maintenance and upkeep of broken and worn out parts - it was great on gas - super fastball and I think it cost me $500 a year not including gas or insurance to drive it - I was Super Broke during that time and would have not made it through it without that car

That was 17 years ago and I wouldn't be surprised if that car wasn't still on the road somewhere

not following the logic, ford currently only makes a full size, hondas is a mid. Ford will be bringing back a mid size in a couple years, then apples to apples.

Doesn't make sense to me either, while Ford is producing small trucks made in Argentina and not selling in the US market. I guess 10% of the market isn't enough for Ford to go after! :usa:

Love my 2007 Ridgeline.
IMG_1343.JPG

I've got a 2008 Ridgeline with 196k miles and no problems. I haul lumber, quikrete, rocks, ladders and it's great in the snow, mud and comfortable on the hwy. The trunk in the bed holds a lot of tools, guns, ammo secure and out of the weather without taking up bed space. Wish it had more torque for towing but overall it's been a great truck. If I need to go serious offroad I can take my Bronco.

I've got a 2008 Honda Element - it loves the snow - Camp out of it regularly - has towed my 14 foot johnboat all over the country - fair gas mileage considering it's as aerodynamic as a toaster - I wish I had got it in four-wheel-drive there's no telling what those will do because this one will go anywhere I want to go

Back
Top Bottom