• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda’s Pickup Truck Is Beating Ford at Its Own Game

I love my (old model) Ridgeline, and they are great trucks that should sell pretty well, but they are a different category than the regular F-150s or Dodge RAMs.

They are much more like an SUV with a bed than a full body-on-frame pickup. That's 100% what I was looking for, since I use the inside more than the outside of the truck, but it's not what I would have chosen if I needed something to do farm work or major hauling with.

By the way OP... here's a link that won't put money in Bloomberg's pocket.

http://jalopnik.com/the-new-honda-ridgeline-is-already-a-huge-hit-1796841697

Don't understand the hate for US vehicles. approaching 1,000,000 miles total between 3 GM trucks, only 1 of them a diesel.

Is Honda still selling that self destroying interference engine? Don't change the rubberband timing the valves, and it costs more to fix than it is worth. I guess they never learned about using chains or real gears in their motors.

Don't understand the hate for US vehicles. approaching 1,000,000 miles total between 3 GM trucks, only 1 of them a diesel.

Is Honda still selling that self destroying interference engine? Don't change the rubberband timing the valves, and it costs more to fix than it is worth. I guess they never learned about using chains or real gears in their motors.

I'm with you. I have 3 GM trucks now and everyone of them is over 200k and I sold 2 that had 240k and 260k. They are still going strong.

I'd hardly say there's 'hate' for US vehicles. After all, the F150 sells more than just about anything else in the world.

When I was looking for a 'small' pickup though, there was literally nothing available. I was looking for a small pickup like the old Ford Explorer, or even a mini-pickup. I used to have a Mazda B210 and that thing was amazing.

These days though, even Toyota can't get you anything but a full-size pickup, The Ridgeline is really the only option if you want something that's not that big. We'll see if Ford can get their Ranger out, but it's sad that the US companies all let their mini-pickup lines disappear, they were useful vehicles.

I will say that if we could have gotten Utes here in the States I would definitely have gone that route...
gallery-exterior-overlay-falcon-ute-1.jpeg

Always been a Ford guy, although my newest vehicle is a 2003 marauder. My truck is a 1993 f150, I've had rangers, which were about useless as trucks and terrible as cars (bad gas mileage, no getup and go), but they were reliable. Personally have little use for a now a days fullsized f150, as Im not going to spend 40k on a truck that I plan to beat the crap out of when I am needing a truck. My 1993 sits lower, and is a better riding vehicle than my a dad's 2013 f150. The new trucks are too damn tall, and too damn cushy. Can't see anything from any direction, and backing then up is a pita.

Neat honda, still will never buy one but it does have some interesting features. Hoping Fords ranger will be a force to reckon with, and the Honda entry will, as usual, make ford make a better product.

The Honda Avalanche is for people who don't drive trucks, but want to tell people they do. Use it to haul around art supplies and flowers, I'll use my F150 for man stuff.

Just my opinion. Don't get your skinny jeans lodged too deep.

I learned my lesson well with a 1985 Honda prelude that I owned from 1995 - 2000 - it had 250,000 miles on it when I got it It had over 400,000 miles on it when I sold it for within $500 of what I bought it for - I owned it for six years and not counting tires and oil changes only spend about $1000 in that time on maintenance and upkeep of broken and worn out parts - it was great on gas - super fastball and I think it cost me $500 a year not including gas or insurance to drive it - I was Super Broke during that time and would have not made it through it without that car

That was 17 years ago and I wouldn't be surprised if that car wasn't still on the road somewhere
I'm telling you man, I LOVE Honda cars.

My CRX is the cheapest, oldest vehicle I've ever owned, but it's the only one I've ever had where people will stop me out in public and ask if I want to sell it.

Almost every time it happens, the people will tell me that they used to have a Civic or CRX and regretted selling it. Especially back when gas jumped up to $4.00 per gallon.

I had one young guy pull up to me in a Crown Vic and offer to trade with me. I was thinking "Either you're stupid as hell, or you're hoping that I'm stupid as hell"

I'm shopping used if I ever get another one. All of them have gotten outrageous.
at the ford dealeri went too they had a 1 year old f-150 xlt with 30,000 miles on it for $28000, a new f-150 xlt had a price of $29,000. The price of used trucks is ridiculous unless you go to 100k+ miles

I still prefer the 1982 dodge ram 150 4x4, it has a package that makes the interior vinyl/cloth/carpeting match the two tone paint on the outside, that was fancy and you can fit under the hood to work on it in the rain. the bumper is solid chromed steel 1/4 inch thicken you can see welding points, that is a truck

Back
Top Bottom