• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How Do You Carry A 1911

How Do You Carry a 1911 (or other hammer fired)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I sold all my 1911's, but I used to carry condition 1 when out and about, and condition 2 when sitting on the couch and around the house. Carrying a Glock with one in the chamber seems more dangerous than a 1911 in condition 1.

Only true way to carry a 1911...condition 1.
You left out the other 1911 carry condition options though. Why?

Only true way to carry a 1911...condition 1.
You left out the other 1911 carry condition options though. Why?
I didn't figure that anyone would actually carry with: hammer down on empty chamber, empty chamber/mag out, or cocked and unlocked.

If one of those floats your boat, then post a reply AND your logic/reasoning for this...

Thanx

I'm a whimp, I don't carry it loaded... Hahah but my car and home, are all condition 1. My carrying is condition 3...

I'm a whimp, I don't carry it loaded... Hahah but my car and home, are all condition 1. My carrying is condition 3...

What is your reasoning if you don't mind me asking? Seems your are comfortable to have guns not in your direct control Con1 but not the one you will actually carry?

Not trying to be an a$$. Seriously interested...

Every gun I own is ready to fire all the time ( SAO guns have safety engaged) but all others are chambered and safety off.

Cond 1, same with my CZ-75 and a main reason I dont own other guns because I cant carry Cond 1.

I would never feel safe lowering the hammer with a chambered round even in the safiest(sp?) of conditions.

So, I honestly ask any one that carrys cond 3(really 2) to explain why you like that?

I see only negs reason to do that but am open to ideas...

1 , cocked locked. IMHO safest way, other than unloaded and if it's not loaded I'm not carrying it. Kinda a big loud German Shepard with no teeth.

Back
Top Bottom