• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you normally respond to this?

Would you sell to a member's friend or relative not on this site?

• Depends on the member

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • I need a peak at your GWCL

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • You must sign a BoS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
You have something listed for sale, and you get a PM from a member saying their buddy or relative is interested and here's their number call them. I'm a little put off by those types of replies normally so I'll ask if they are members here and if so can they PM me directly. I don't know why, but it seems to throw up a red flag to me, even if said member has been here awhile. If said friend or relative isn't a member here I typically pass.

Maybe I'm just weird. What do y'all think?

If the member will back his friend by accepting feedback on the deal, sure. If a neg is thrown on the guy for a deadbeat friend, it should stick.
Yeah I can go with that. I doubt it would stick though. My thoughts are, if I post on this site, I'm only dealing with members of the site. If your buddy wants it, tell him to join up. If I get the excuse that well he doesn't like using the internet or prefers talking on the phone over a PM, it's a hard pass.

As feedback is the only safety we have here on dealings, I will NOT consider "this belongs to my buddy,contact him" or "My buddy wants to buy this" type offers.

Like mentioned, neg won't stick. Tell your clister buddy to get his own account, or YOU buy the widget.

My first ODT deal was before I was a member. A co-worker was on the site. He saw a gun I had been wanting and set up a trade between me and another member. I believe they each got the positive feedback from the deal.

i have and have had others do the same for me. i've had members sell my dad stuff and had a buddy pick up somehting i wanted that was 4 hours away but right down the road from him

Back
Top Bottom