• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you normally respond to this?

Would you sell to a member's friend or relative not on this site?

• Depends on the member

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • I need a peak at your GWCL

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • You must sign a BoS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
theres no difference at all really. i dont know either of you
True but at least here we can see feedback, post history, etc before making a decision. I get weirded out when someone says their buddy Joe Blow wants it but he doesn't have the internet because reasons and just wants me to call him.

True but at least here we can see feedback, post history, etc before making a decision. I get weirded out when someone says their buddy Joe Blow wants it but he doesn't have the internet because reasons and just wants me to call him.

I get that but then again if ODT didn’t have/or never had a feedback system you probably wouldn’t have these concerns. Feedback can give you piece of mind but in the end you’re still meeting strangers off the internet.

I get that but then again if ODT didn’t have/or never had a feedback system you probably wouldn’t have these concerns. Feedback can give you piece of mind but in the end you’re still meeting strangers off the internet.
Stranger danger! Yeah and most of my interactions here with members have been good. On the flip side I'm wondering why their buddy is so against joining up here to buy it them self. I'm on board with the other idea that if the deal goes sour I can neg the member who told me to call their uncle Jimmy.

Don't get me wrong if it was one of you fine gentlemen that I see post on a daily basis I feel like I could trust you would vouch for your buddy. But if it's not somebody I see post much or that has a lot of feedback, I get a little iffy.

Several of my deals have been for family or by family - sometimes its their stuff they want sold and sometimes its the fact they have a more flexible schedule or live close to the other ODT trader. I've always been upfront that I will confirm everything through PM before the deal is set - and would accept any negative feedback if my family doesnt come through.

Back
Top Bottom