• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How long do you repost?

Given that I run the illustrious and totally-not-made-up GunCat ODT QVC, I....

No, actually, I have no methodology whatsoever. Sometimes it's a week or two. Sometimes just a weekend. Sometimes I forget what I posted and end up mutilating the firearm, only to have someone make a random offer on it several months later. :wacko:

I do find that paying for the sticky comes in handy, if for no other reason than to skip bumping your post like a mere mortal. And it's amusing when one of my sale posts gets 1,000+ views and only 2 offers.
I find that there's no system or science whatsoever in how to determine what will sell, or how long you need to list for....so....might as well just have fun with it. But that's just me. :bounce:

Depends on what it is and if the price is really fair.

There's a bunch of cheap ***** on here and guns that are over $500 take much longer to sell... no matter what the make/model (with very limited exception).

A paid ad section that charged 10-20 bucks per ad or repost would be nice. Would never look at those perma-ads again.

It would weed out the "just checking the waters" and craigs listers. Motivated sellers with reasonable prices would be what would be in the paid listing areas, and ODT would be better funded.
Pay to play ODT would weed out many more than just the craigslisters.

Back
Top Bottom