• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much are crickets?

If you are adventurous try going to a parking lot at night and catch some mole crickets. They are usually around the lights. They are tougher than regular crickets and stay on the hook a little better.

I normally give them an orange and they plump up and get juicy. We took them to the pond last night and my daughter had a blast catching them as fast as I could bait the hook. We used all of the live ones and all of the dead ones that still resembled a cricket. Daughter leaves on Saturday heading back to UGA. Honestly when she was pulling them out the water I would have probably given a $1 a piece. After Saturday my son and I will be back to throwing jigs for bream and him throwing wacky rigs for bass.

If you have a way of keeping them, you can order them online in boxes of 1000

I used to do that when I was keeping multiple critters around the house that ate them, it was cheaper than buying 40 or 50 at a time from Pet Smart

Buying crickets ? Damn y'all Richie riches

Cheap bag of instant potatoes(any carb really), mix in a few tablespoons of sugar, sprinkle it out on ground in shaded area and cover with a big piece of cardboard, carpet or whatever and check back next morning and be ready to catch more crickets than you need in an all day fishing trip.

If you can't catch by hand, make traps from toilet paper and paper towel tubes and use the potato/sugar bait. you still want to cover with something to keep sun off

Back
Top Bottom