• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to not get mauled by a black bear

Grandmasta J

Default rank <2000 posts
Wangjangler
117   0
Reaction score
So, I found out at least one black bear is roaming my hunting area. Does anyone have any tips on sneaking to your stand before sunrise without running into a bear, while simultaneously not spooking any deer? All I’ve been able to find online is people saying to walk through the woods while making as much noise as possible so ya don’t surprise the bear but, I’m sure anyone who’s hunted whitetails sees the problem with that approach.

So, I found out at least one black bear is roaming my hunting area. Does anyone have any tips on sneaking to your stand before sunrise without running into a bear, while simultaneously not spooking any deer? All I’ve been able to find online is people saying to walk through the woods while making as much noise as possible so ya don’t surprise the bear but, I’m sure anyone who’s hunted whitetails sees the problem with that approach.
Your odds of getting hit by a car, or lightening, or slipping in the bath, or falling down the stairs, or stepping in a hole, on the way to your hunting area are astronomically higher than getting attacked by a bear.

Your odds of getting hit by a car, or lightening, or slipping in the bath, or falling down the stairs, or stepping in a hole, on the way to your hunting area are astronomically higher than getting attacked by a bear.
yes but, the chances of NOT getting mauled by one increases if you can shoot it with a 10mm bullet, lol.

I'll come hunt the bear

Back
Top Bottom