How to value a vepr?

the dude was trying to trade me cash and the vepr for one of my bikes and he was trying to tell me he paid 5k for it so just needed to know how foolish this man is. thanks for all the info and comments. I do wanna start another ak thread for general info since I feel like I’m clueless when it comes to em.

the dude was trying to trade me cash and the vepr for one of my bikes and he was trying to tell me he paid 5k for it so just needed to know how foolish this man is. thanks for all the info and comments. I do wanna start another ak thread for general info since I feel like I’m clueless when it comes to em.
He's not foolish. He's a liar. Or someone I wouldn't trust with a gun or a motorcycle 😂

I discovered Vepr's years ago with a super vepr in .308. Amazed at the build quality and accuracy in an AK platform. Acquired more in several calibers back when no one knew what they were. Most still don't. Molet factory in Russia was top gun plant and these Vepr's are from there. With wasr's selling for $1000 these Vepr's are worth a whole hell of a lot more.

If you're paying 1k for a wasr now, you're a suckerer. They've been under $800 consistently for a few mosuckered. Most in the low 700s when on sale.

He's not foolish. He's a liar. Or someone I wouldn't trust with a gun or a motorcycle 😂
Part of trading is hamming up what you got. 5k is more than hamming up, near delusional TBH.

If you're paying 1k for a wasr now, you're a suckerer. They've been under $800 consistently for a few mosuckered. Most in the low 700s when on sale.

Part of trading is hamming up what you got. 5k is more than hamming up, near delusional TBH.
Shooting Vepr's and Maadi's I got no use for a wasr or misr at any price....and I keep mine original.

5K is pretty delusional. He's probably been quoting what he sees on Gunbroker.

Banned guns in limited number, they are worth whatever someone will pay for them. I personally wouldn't sell my super 308 even for 5000, because good luck finding one. Regular vepr 7.62x39 are more available, and therefore prices range from 2500-3500 depending on condition and model of import. Considering Saigas go for over 2000, it's not too unreasonable (again based on model).

Now him telling you the "price" and you "must count it as such sounds like a scam, regardless of what gun it was"

Back
Top Bottom