• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to value a vepr?

A

Attachments

• 843DB59B-CC10-4255-A6CB-26EF2E0B9019.png
    843DB59B-CC10-4255-A6CB-26EF2E0B9019.png
    536 KB · Views: 51
I discovered Vepr's years ago with a super vepr in .308. Amazed at the build quality and accuracy in an AK platform. Acquired more in several calibers back when no one knew what they were. Most still don't. Molet factory in Russia was top gun plant and these Vepr's are from there. With wasr's selling for $1000 these Vepr's are worth a whole hell of a lot more.

Depends. As a collector ite the gun has no value with the barrel being cut and probably p&w. Furniture looks like $100. foreend rail, no idea on the maker so no idea on value. Optics and bracket are atleast $300 used value. Base gun, modified, as is? $800? Iirc these needed a bullet guide installed, so if thats done well its a net positive.

VEPRs are nice rifles but you really want one that's unmolested, since you don't know the quality of the work.

If you get that gun PLUS all the original parts it might be worth $2000-2500 or so in todays market.

As it stands, I wouldn't do more than $1500. It's not even a 'real' AK anymore with all that AR furniture.

Not sure any "work" has been done. It has a Krebs handguard and there was a run of 16 in guns with a combo fsgb. The barrel still looks 16 inches. Don't see that it's been pinned or cut in any way. But 1500 is still probably right. Quality rifles, extra heavy, limited stock/adapter options due to varying degrees of slant receiver, and not mil spec or clone. I have one and it's my favorite 7.62x39 AK.

Guess it all depends on what you're paying/trading and which vepr it is.

Had one and let it go and regret it. Would like another one but not at what they cost now and days.

Back
Top Bottom