• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How we think about money

Dead on! Preventative maintenance is the key. Keep fluids changed and topped off when needed, check tire pressure regularly to decrease unnecessary wear, lube chassis if applicable and they will treat you well. I have owned this truck since 2021 and I have never put my foot to the floor. No need in imparting undue stress on the engine and drivetrain. Drive them as if it was the last vehicle on earth and they will last a very long time.
That's the problem with a lot of people, they buy more car than they can afford and don't have the finances to maintain it. I see it all the time, cars/trucks that are just a year or two old with bald tires and squeaking breaks. Seems to me like a lot of folks opt for breakdown maintenance instead of paying for it when the time comes. A good friend of mine use to say it like this - "I owe my car X amount of money" or "I owe my house X amount of money" - maintenance, whether it be for your home, your car, your lawn-mower, etc. are part of your debt load. A person that is financially responsible controls their debt load...taking ALL things into consideration.

That's the problem with a lot of people, they buy more car than they can afford and don't have the finances to maintain it. I see it all the time, cars/trucks that are just a year or two old with bald tires and squeaking breaks. Seems to me like a lot of folks opt for breakdown maintenance instead of paying for it when the time comes. A good friend of mine use to say it like this - "I owe my car X amount of money" or "I owe my house X amount of money" - maintenance, whether it be for your home, your car, your lawn-mower, etc. are part of your debt load. A person that is financially responsible controls their debt load...taking ALL things into consideration.
Younger folks or the undisciplined rarely calculate the total cost of ownership otherwise they'd never buy some of the vehicles they do.

Just insurance...jeez
I was getting these YouTube commercials before. They all started with the question how could a young person afford such a nice car? Because they figured out how to pay less for insurance. And they’ll show you how. I kept wondering, are the insurance companies actually paying the customer to use them? Because that’s the only way it made sense. I skipped before I got the answers so I’ll never be sure.

Back
Top Bottom